• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Help installing Swype

Headcase_Fargone

May 21, 2010
Googling around I found a beta download of Swype. The thing is, I can't for the life of me figure out how to install it.

The instructions on the various pages I've found simply state "Transfer the package file to your SD card." Okay, great. So uh, how does one go about doing that? When I plug the Evo into my computer as a disk I'm not seeing any folders that look like they could be the SD card's storage. So how does one move files to it?

I've tried both on a Windows and Linux system and can't see any folder like what I'm looking for.

Googling around I found a beta download of Swype. The thing is, I can't for the life of me figure out how to install it.

The instructions on the various pages I've found simply state "Transfer the package file to your SD card." Okay, great. So uh, how does one go about doing that? When I plug the Evo into my computer as a disk I'm not seeing any folders that look like they could be the SD card's storage. So how does one move files to it?

I've tried both on a Windows and Linux system and can't see any folder like what I'm looking for.

first, get andro file manager app installed on the phone, then email the file to yourself, save it on the phone, extract it via andro file manager, then install it via andro file manager

Upvote 0
I freaking love this. Just found a link to the beta. Took a few on/offs to get it to activate, and I had to go through the tutorial so it would be the default, but man, I love it. I tried it on my friends WinMo phone a night or two ago and absolutely fell in love with the program. The thing I hated the most about typing with the phone vertically was the fact that if I hit two letters closely together it wouldn't print both of them, and only select the last one. With Swype, that problem has been eliminated, and as soon as the program is released for purchase I'm buying it. What a great idea!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones