Help installing SwypeSupport

Last Updated:

1. Headcase_Fargone

Headcase_Fargone Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Googling around I found a beta download of Swype. The thing is, I can't for the life of me figure out how to install it.

The instructions on the various pages I've found simply state "Transfer the package file to your SD card." Okay, great. So uh, how does one go about doing that? When I plug the Evo into my computer as a disk I'm not seeing any folders that look like they could be the SD card's storage. So how does one move files to it?

I've tried both on a Windows and Linux system and can't see any folder like what I'm looking for.

Advertisement
  2. hodgsonevo

hodgsonevo Active Member

first, get andro file manager app installed on the phone, then email the file to yourself, save it on the phone, extract it via andro file manager, then install it via andro file manager

3. Headcase_Fargone

Headcase_Fargone Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks, that worked like a charm. It seems the version I downloaded doesn't support the Evo's resolution though. Guess I'll wait like everyone else.

4. myersn024

myersn024 Well-Known Member

You need the version that's off the Incredible. There's a link in one of the threads here on this board. That's what I've installed on my Evo and on my wife's and it works great.

royal42crown likes this.
  5. Berner

Berner Well-Known Member

You need to find the 800x400 version of Swype, made for the N1 and also usable on the Incredible (posting a link is not permitted, sorry). It works perfectly on the EVO. I'm using it right now.

mr.almeida likes this.
  6. Chetb23

Chetb23 New Member

7. thelobster

thelobster Well-Known Member

yup mine works great:)

8. plopez12

plopez12 Well-Known Member

can someone pm me the link for swype...it would be greatly appreciated

9. royal42crown

royal42crown Well-Known Member

I didn't think I would like this but I can't stop myself from using this. I downloaded it and installed it from my browser on the phone.

10. carlspeed

carlspeed Active Member

I freaking love this. Just found a link to the beta. Took a few on/offs to get it to activate, and I had to go through the tutorial so it would be the default, but man, I love it. I tried it on my friends WinMo phone a night or two ago and absolutely fell in love with the program. The thing I hated the most about typing with the phone vertically was the fact that if I hit two letters closely together it wouldn't print both of them, and only select the last one. With Swype, that problem has been eliminated, and as soon as the program is released for purchase I'm buying it. What a great idea!