• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HELP! internal storage/external storage/sd card/phone???

cmp326

Lurker
Oct 21, 2012
Ok I really can't figure this out and my theory is that the droid maxx has it backwards and uses "internal storage" to mean external storage and "move to phone" as internal storage. Can anyone please explain this to me?? I have ApptoSD and, as an example, one of my apps MUST be kept on internal storage. So when I click on the app under "manage apps" the option to "move to internal" is grayed out; it won't even let me select it. Impluing it's already stored on internal and can't be moved to idk "internal storage which is secretly external storage"?? Am I just an idiot or is it backwards? Also, right after I moved an app by clucking "move to internal storage" it showed in Sdmove as the color that means just moved to external storage. Wtf! Also, how can I move things onto he actual Sd card? Like the removable one that under "files" is a seperate folder from "internal storage"? CAN I even move anything onto the SD card? I am just so confused and I apologize if this was confusing. I would greatly appreciate an explanation, thank you!

The words shown in button indicate the action you can take.

Here is an example:

I have an app "Draw Free" in my phone. In App2sd, under Storage, it says "Installed on device" and below, a button with "Move to SD card" on it. That means the app is internal. If you want to move it to SD card, just press that button. After pressing, you'll see a temporary "Moving...". When moving is done, the button will become "Move to phone" and you're done.

"Move to phone" is the next action you can take if you want to move it back to internal.

Hope this helps.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones