Help! internet wont turn off?Support

Last Updated:

1. Jenfm

Jenfm New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi all, sorry if this has been asked before, I've had my Samsung Galaxy X for a whole of about 3 hours now, just tried out the internet on it. Awesome. loved it. Sorted my wi fi out etc.. Only problem is, I've turned Wi Fi off now but the 3g internet is still on and uploading and downloading when I am not even on a website. Can anyone please tell me how the heck I turn it off? I cant afford a massive bill!

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. drjmo

drjmo Active Member

It might just be polling the carrier for texts, updates etc. You can disable the 3G if you want to and force it to only use 2G...

3. Jenfm

Jenfm New Member This Topic's Starter

Hey, I have no idea how to do that but after some googling i download APNDROID. Thanks for replying :)

4. Farazy

Farazy New Member

Hi everyone....Just checking out a few options in the phone since there's no tab been given to disable the 3G / G internet.Definitely there's a way out.Hopefully will keep you all posted for the solution very soon...

5. Farazy

Farazy New Member

Hi everyone...In order to disable the service provider internet temporarily on your Samsung Galaxy S & for using Wifi only , you need to do the following :

Goto SETTINGS > WIRELESS & NETWORK > MOBILE NETWORKS > ACCESS POINT NAMES

Once you are there inside " ACCESS POINT NAMES " & if you see that there are more than 2 fields , for e.g APN(mms) , APN(Internet) , delete the APN for internet & let the APN(mms) stay at its place.Once you are done with it , no more worries to lose your prepaid money.The 3G / G sign will automatically disappears from the top just besides the battery bar.If you want to restore the APN (Internet) again , you can follow this path :

Goto SETTING > WIRELESS & NETWORKS > MOBILE NETWORKS > ACCESS POINT NAMES

Once you are in the " ACCESS POINT NAMES " field , click the left navigation tab on your mobile & then click " NEW APN " & start entering the values for the following fields : ( I am using optus so the values to be entered by you might could differ from mine since you might could be with some other service provider like Vodafone etc , anyways its a good idea to note down the by default values & then to proceed to delete them or to delete the entire APN-Internet )

NAME = NONE ( Optus internet ; by default )
    APN = NONE ( yesinternet ; by default)
    MCC = NONE (505 ; by default)
    MNC = NONE (02 ; by default)
    AUTHENTICATION TYPE = NONE (PAP ; by default)

Enjoy folks !

6. ving

ving Active Member

Thanks! ;)

7. jollygoon

jollygoon Well-Known Member

Noooo! Don't turn off the internet!! We all need it!

;-)

8. ironman666

ironman666 Well-Known Member

Or just use APNdroid from marked like mention earlier in this thread. It does excactly what you wrote. (it renames the APN) I use it to toggle on / off internet with the widget that comes with the app

9. Markbusa

Markbusa Member

APNdroid works for me on the Galaxy S.