Help: I've disabled notificationsSupport

Last Updated: 2015-03-21 14:16:01
  1. JanJ

JanJ Member

Somehow I seem to have disabled notifications on my Galaxy Note 10.1. On the left side of the clock I only see a icon showing i with a circle around it and crossed out. There are no notification icons coming anymore. If I click the notification area, the details of notifications are showing. I've searched settings, but I can't find a way to turn them back on. In fact I don't remember how I switched them off also :(. Does somebody know how to fix this?

Advertisement
  2. Digital Controller

Digital Controller The Real Bass Creator Guide

Hey there Jan, first off welcome :)

Now have you turned off all notifications? So like emails and everything?

I am not familiar with your Tab but i can try and assist you.
  3. JanJ

JanJ Member

Yes, all notifications are off. They show up in the details popup after clicking the notification area, but I don't get any icons anymore.
  4. bfksc

bfksc Well-Known Member

Try posting for help in the Note 10.1 section. If you can't find any help, a factory reset will definitely fix the issue as it wipes all the settings and configurations back to defaults.
  5. JanJ

JanJ Member

Found it! Click on the clock, scroll Wi-Fi, GPS, etc.to the left and there is the button to enable the notifications again. Strange that this option is not visible in the Settings screen.
  6. bfksc

bfksc Well-Known Member

It's in the Settings menu, but individually controlled. The quick controls you mention from the notifications popup are GLOBAL settings to turn items On/Off, like changing to vibrate for all settings, or silencing all notifications. And it's the only place that globally turns notifications On/Off by default, so I can only conclude that you did it by accident when checking out the various options, or an app was installed that controls these settings.
    samirkasim likes this.
  7. samirkasim

samirkasim New Member

I had the same problem .. one week trying to solve the problem but you finally posted the solution even it is very easy !!! ... thanks so much