Help: I've disabled notificationsSupport

1. JanJ

JanJ Member

Somehow I seem to have disabled notifications on my Galaxy Note 10.1. On the left side of the clock I only see a icon showing i with a circle around it and crossed out. There are no notification icons coming anymore. If I click the notification area, the details of notifications are showing. I've searched settings, but I can't find a way to turn them back on. In fact I don't remember how I switched them off also :(. Does somebody know how to fix this?

Advertisement
    :
  2. Digital Controller

Digital Controller The Real Bass Creator Guide

Hey there Jan, first off welcome :)

Now have you turned off all notifications? So like emails and everything?

I am not familiar with your Tab but i can try and assist you.
  3. JanJ

JanJ Member

Yes, all notifications are off. They show up in the details popup after clicking the notification area, but I don't get any icons anymore.
  4. bfksc

bfksc Well-Known Member

Try posting for help in the Note 10.1 section. If you can't find any help, a factory reset will definitely fix the issue as it wipes all the settings and configurations back to defaults.
  5. JanJ

JanJ Member

Found it! Click on the clock, scroll Wi-Fi, GPS, etc.to the left and there is the button to enable the notifications again. Strange that this option is not visible in the Settings screen.
  6. bfksc

bfksc Well-Known Member

It's in the Settings menu, but individually controlled. The quick controls you mention from the notifications popup are GLOBAL settings to turn items On/Off, like changing to vibrate for all settings, or silencing all notifications. And it's the only place that globally turns notifications On/Off by default, so I can only conclude that you did it by accident when checking out the various options, or an app was installed that controls these settings.