Help! Just a couple questions about Sense app substitutes for non-Sense ROMs

Last Updated:

1. DDustiNN

DDustiNN Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I am using White Widow for now, and the only Sense widget I miss is the Calendar. Music and Photo Album were okay, but not necessary. However, the Calendar widget was very convenient. Is there anything comparable to this?

Next, my biggest complaint about non-Sense (ha) ROMs is the lack of Sense's Phone app. I like how in Sense it integrated with Facebook (and updated pictures accordingly), but even better, I liked how quick and easy it was to search for people. Open the Phone app, then you can either scroll through the contacts or just start typing a name and they will come up. With the one I'm using now, the keypad and contacts are on completely separate tabs of the "Phone" app. So I have to click the Phone button (or Contacts icon to save a step), and scroll through the contacts to find who I want. Or press Menu, then Search, but that brings up the regular keyboard (which isn't as fast because you have to be more accurate).

I know people complain about the lag in Sense's Phone app, but honestly the quick search feature more than makes up for that, with how long it takes me to find who I'm looking for now. This may actually be my deciding factor on whether or not I continue using this ROM, which sucks because I really love it so far. But I just miss how fast I could search and find my contacts in Sense :(

Long story short... is there any good substitution for the Phone app with similar search features of Sense's? And if so, is there any way to switch my "phone" button in White Widow so that it will open that one instead? I'm sure there is a way since "root can do anything" but I just don't know how to do all of this stuff yet :D

Thanks a bunch, guys!

Advertisement
  2. DDustiNN

WOW... So I found this app called Dialer One, and then I found out how you can just drag your own shortcuts to the ADW Launcher... needless to say, that totally just made my night. Being a n00b sure has its perks sometimes (being so easily impressed, haha).

So now if anyone has any Calendar widget suggestions I'd love to hear! Also a better dialer app if this one isn't good... seems ok so far though.

3. andrizoid

andrizoid Well-Known Member

4. DDustiNN

Looks great, thanks! Love your ROMs, btw :D

5. hallstevenson

hallstevenson Well-Known Member

I like Smooth Calendar.