Help! Keeps saying force close!

1. katieA1985

katieA1985 New Member

I have a Mytouch 3g and accidentally emerged it in orange juice! I took everything out and waited a couple days to turn it back on. Everything works except it keeps telling this android process stopped unexepectedly and force close.It pops up every 2 seconds!! Is there any hope for my phone?

Advertisement
    :
  2. HtcEvoLemon

HtcEvoLemon Well-Known Member

You might want to try doing a factory restore. See if that fixes your problem.

If that doesn't work, maybe you have sticky dried up orange juice inside the phone. You might want to try surgery at that point. Unscrew all the screws, take the phone apart. Everywhere you see orange juice, use distilled water and rinse the orange juice away. Then do a final rinse with 99 percent rubbing alochol. Then, wait a day or 2, and try turning it on.

I'm not an expert, so ask someone else to make sure the distilled water and alcohol wont harm anything else.
  3. behold_this

behold_this Well-Known Member

C'mon we need more info than this. What exactly is the process that continues to fc? does it fc on boot up after you launch an app, what? Also I asume you mean you submerged it cause if you emerged it in orange juice you should get a show here in Vegas cause that's a magic trick!
  4. katieA1985

katieA1985 New Member

It tells me to force close once its done booting up. I really can't do anything else because as soon as I hit force close it immediatly pops up. I also noticed the touch screen doesn't work so I have to use the buttons to navigate through it.
  5. behold_this

behold_this Well-Known Member

Well I asked you what the process that force closes on you is but nevermind. If you had dropped it in water you'd be okay once dried but orange juice...well your screwed the acids and sugars in o.j. will ireservsably damage the electrical components in the phone and also will distroy the digitizer hence your screen is no longer responsive. Hope you bought the insurance.
  6. HtcEvoLemon

Silly question, but what is a digitizer? Is it the top layer of glass covering the actual screen?
  7. rleal2010

rleal2010 Well-Known Member

Behold_this is right on.

I too hope you bought the insurance.

Just call tmobile and see if they can help you
  8. HtcEvoLemon

I still think you should perform surgery on it, with distilled water and 99 percent alcohol rinse.