• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Help! Laggy after factory reset!

dubie7006

Nov 15, 2011
Title should be pretty self explanatory. I'm looking for some specific suggestions, but here is the backstory:

Had an issue about a month and a half ago where nobody on the other end could hear me talk. As a result, had to do a factory reset. My device worked great pre-reset...no lag or anything. Now, post-reset, if I don't reboot every 3 days or so, the device bogs down and gets pretty laggy. This is most noticeable while texting, where my fingers move faster than the device can and words get jumbled together or become something else altogether. Swype is unaffected but I don't use that all the time.

The suggestions I'm looking for have to do with developer options. I had several things altered but I cannot remember exactly what they were. I think I'm missing something that could solve this issue pretty easily, so if anyone has suggestions on any specific developer options to alter, I would greatly appreciate it.

For starters, here's what I've got changed right now:
USB Debugging ON
Window, Transition, and Animator scales all set to 2x

I'm fairly certain there's something else that should make the device feel 'snappier'. Any ideas?

Also, not sure it makes a difference, but I'm running 4.4.2.

Thanks, all!

Title should be pretty self explanatory. I'm looking for some specific suggestions, but here is the backstory:

Had an issue about a month and a half ago where nobody on the other end could hear me talk. As a result, had to do a factory reset. My device worked great pre-reset...no lag or anything. Now, post-reset, if I don't reboot every 3 days or so, the device bogs down and gets pretty laggy. This is most noticeable while texting, where my fingers move faster than the device can and words get jumbled together or become something else altogether. Swype is unaffected but I don't use that all the time.

The suggestions I'm looking for have to do with developer options. I had several things altered but I cannot remember exactly what they were. I think I'm missing something that could solve this issue pretty easily, so if anyone has suggestions on any specific developer options to alter, I would greatly appreciate it.

For starters, here's what I've got changed right now:
USB Debugging ON
Window, Transition, and Animator scales all set to 2x

I'm fairly certain there's something else that should make the device feel 'snappier'. Any ideas?

Also, not sure it makes a difference, but I'm running 4.4.2.

Thanks, all!

Your window/transition/animation settings is what's causing the appearance of lag.

In this instance,the larger the number does not represent better/faster,it represents the duration of the animations,/transitions (basically,slow motion).
Try the factory setting of 1.0,or,if you want a bit more snappy appearance,try 0.5 .

Upvote 0
Your window/transition/animation settings is what's causing the appearance of lag.

In this instance,the larger the number does not represent better/faster,it represents the duration of the animations,/transitions (basically,slow motion).
Try the factory setting of 1.0,or,if you want a bit more snappy appearance,try 0.5 .

Ok I'll try that, thanks. For some reason I remember people saying long ago the higher the number the faster the appearance.

Reactions: KOLIO
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones