HELP!! LG G3 D851 TmobileSupport

1. Tori Wilcox

Tori Wilcox Member

Okay guys I'm a little and at this technology thing. Can anyone give me step by step detailed instructions with links on how to root an LG G3 D851 who's carrier is tmoble? I bricked my first phone because I don't think I installed the ROM right....? I have no idea. The root worked fine, I think, and when it went to go into recovery mode (?) or fast boot (?).. It just wouldn't take and it started boot looping and completely shut down and would never turn back on again. Can anybody help me please!!?? anything will help. I dont want to break another phone.. But I can't stand not having my phone rooted.

Advertisement
    Swainsmith82 likes this.
  2. Mikestony

Mikestony ~30% Carbon Black ± Moderator

Hello and welcome!
    Just so we get the correct method for you, post back the info you see in menu/settings/about phone/software information;)
  3. Tori Wilcox

Tori Wilcox Member

Attached Files:

4. Mikestony

5. Tori Wilcox

Tori Wilcox Member

6. Mikestony

If you are not sure of something, just ask here:)
    better safe than sorry!
  7. Swainsmith82

Swainsmith82 Well-Known Member

Glad you got pointed in the right direction. Btw if that's your real profile picture.. Beautiful. .
  8. Tori Wilcox

Tori Wilcox Member

Thank you! Yes it is. I hope I do this correctly this time....
  9. Swainsmith82

So what is your ultimate goal here? For me I like to be stock rooted with xposed. No build prop edits, no bloat removal, no roms or kernels. TMo bloat is mostly useful and the ones that aren't I just disable. Greenify is all I use for battery and if you greenify the "right" apps it's very useful. I am one of the few that prefer stock LG. If you have any questions feel free to let me know.
  10. Tori Wilcox

Tori Wilcox Member

I'm actually glad you ask me that. I don't know what any of those terms mean.. But when I originally rooted my phone I wanted to put lollipop on it. I'm not so sure about that now, but do I have to decide what all modifications I want before I dI anything?
  11. Swainsmith82

Well my opinion of custom roms isn't too high. Don't get me wrong, I know developers work very hard on them and it's no easy task, but I prefer everything to work at all times. I chose Lg because they give me the ability to enjoy being stock. Xposed framework allows a less permenant solution to customization. As far as lollipop goes there are some custom roms available but I would would wait for someone to make an update zip once the official ota is released that can be flashed through recovery. G3 tweakbox is a great module for xposed designed to heavily tweak the G3. I dont know its ability on lollipop as most modules have to be redesigned to work on 5.0.+ I would start with root, recovery, and xposed. See how you like that and then go from there. Just always make a back up first.
    Mikestony likes this.
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2015
  12. Tori Wilcox

Tori Wilcox Member

Okay I see what you're saying. I am an LG stock lover as well. I am going to try it that simple way you described first and see how that goes. Thank you!!
  13. Tori Wilcox

Tori Wilcox Member

http://forum.xda-developers.com/tmo...-to-root-kvt49l-d85110r-install-twrp-t3004158

When I come to the unzip step, which option should I choose? Whats the difference in these?
  14. Mikestony

15. Swainsmith82

For the Tmo version use purple drake not lite. I just unzip to my desktop open it up and run the batch file at the bottom. You have to have adb installed for it all to work though. It will walk you through it. After you're rooted you can install TWRP 2.8.5 through the TWRP manager app. Then make an immediate backup. After that you can go about installing your mods. If you do go the custom route make sure it's D851 compatible.

Here is a link to everything you need TMo G3..
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/tmobile-lg-g3

Here's a link to Purp Drake for TMo..
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/tmobile-lg-g3/development/root-twrp-root-twrp-tmo-lg-g3-t2821005
    Mikestony likes this.
  16. Mikestony

Thanks Swain, but with her being on Build number KVT49L.D85110r, I pointed her to the other thread based upon post # 1064 on down.
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/tmo...oot-twrp-root-twrp-tmo-lg-g3-t2821005/page107

thoughts?
  17. Swainsmith82

Oh yeah!!! Forgot about it being on R now out the box... I flashed R through recovery.
    Mikestony likes this.
  18. Tori Wilcox

Tori Wilcox Member

So which link did we decide on boys? lol
  19. Swainsmith82

Use the link mikestony provided..