Help........ LG GT540 UpdateSupport

Last Updated:

1. rlbastos

rlbastos New Member This Topic's Starter

I tried many time to update my gt 540 but the updated show failure on the lg support. Any one find this before, and how can I update from 1.6 to 2.1 ou the later one 2.2, please help.......

Advertisement
  2. ExHuMeD

ExHuMeD Active Member

What network is your GT540 on? currently LG have pulled the 2.1 update for the moment because of people reporting its bricking there phones, and i very highly doubt 2.2 will be available in the future as it has a high hardware requirement witch im sure the gt540 dosent attend too, i may be wrong though,

3. rlbastos

rlbastos New Member This Topic's Starter

Right know I am in Brazil and i'm using VIVO Network, I buy this phone in UK and tried to updated at uk Lg website, but as u alread said I will wait until the update come back, d u have any idea when????

4. andrew.williams2010

andrew.williams2010 Member

I have an unbranded GT540 Optimus from Carphone Warehouse England.
    Like everyone else i would like to upgrade it at least to 2.1 Eclair but the withdrawal of the upgrade is bad news for everyone if LG cannot fix the problems with the Upgrade then many people will be left with semi crippled none upgraded 1.6 phones (the User Dictionary for the predictive text does not always keep its words and I cannot get youtube working on my handset although that may be a problem with t-mobile as far as youtube is concerned).
    Personally I cannot see why the phone cannot have 2.2 instead.
    If not then LG should not produce mobiles that dont have a minimum of 2.2 and all should be upgradeable to Ginger Bread.
    This may well be my last Android Phone if nothing improves.
    I have a link to a way to upgrade to 2.1 but im hesitant at my phone ending up as a plastic brick.

5. liamorocks

liamorocks Member

@andrew.williams2010

please post the link for the upgrade :)

6. Nirob

Nirob Well-Known Member

@liamorocks, go here: [FAQ]GT540 Reference Thread ! - Android @ MoDaCo
    Nothing to be concerned about.. Just read carefully, check the whole thread as there might be a solution you need... :D

@andrew.williams2010, Android update is not what Google handles.. It depends on the Manufacturer... Sometimes it even depends on carriers (The reason behind why Motorola DEXT/Quench wasn't updated to 2.1, I believe) I was going to buy A Quench lolz.. If you want better support, switch to HTC if you can, they try their best to update... One HTC Device just got 2.2 which has a little lower hardware than GT540... GT540's hardware can't handle Gingerbread... GT540 has everything to run FroYo, but it's processor is the problem... The processor (Armv6) can't handle Flash... All the devices can't get the latest update, because there hardware can't handle... Low-End devices are made cause not everyone can buy a device like Galaxy S or Nexus S... Believe it or not people in my country who are poor, still use Nokia 1100, and there are people also who can't buy a Nokia 1100...

Quench has better hardware than GT540, & it's stuck in ''Android 1.5''... LG's support is way better than Motorola... GT540's community is big & there are People who are making a 2.2 Custom ROM... LG Support of Australia has someone who tells you a little more inside info :D So, I keep sending messages until he replies.. ;) He told me that Android 2.2 will be tasted on GT540f... They will see if it's possible or not... So, there's a chance we might get 2.2 one day! :D

Don't take it seriously, I'm just trying to explain.. :)