1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

HELP! Locked in Security Warning!Support

1. jmdunn2

jmdunn2 New Member

So I'm having a panic attack. I'm an average Android user who knows nothing about computer language. I'm on HTC Thunderbolt. My phone has never been rooted. I was running the latest firmware update (I don't know which version) and suddenly the only screen I can get reads this:

*** LOCKED ***
    *** Security Warning ***
    MECHA XD SHIP S-ON
    HBOOT-1. 05. 0000
    MICROP -/
    RADIO-1.49.00.0406w_1
    eMMC-boot
    Jul 19 2011, 14:51:08

FASTBOOT USB

<VOL UP> to previous item
    <VOL DOWN> to next item
    <POWER> to select item

BOOTLOADER
    REBOOT
    REBOOT BOOTLOADER
    POWER DOWN

I have tried just about every option. I clicked on every item and they all lead me back to the original screen. I pulled the battery on the phone. I just don't know what to do. I really can't afford to lose my phone. Can someone help me? WHY DID THIS HAPPEN?!

Advertisement
    :
  2. quickaudi

quickaudi Well-Known Member Contributor

Looks like you booted into the bootloader. A quick search on here should show you how to exit.
  3. Mayhem

Mayhem Well-Known Member Contributor

So you pulled the battery and got the same screen when you rebooted the phone? That doesn't sound right..
  4. jmdunn2

jmdunn2 New Member

Yeah I pulled the battery for the entire night and woke up and still am getting the same screen.
  5. Mayhem

Mayhem Well-Known Member Contributor

If the reboot option is routing you back to the same screen, you might want to take it to a corporate store and see if the engineer can fix it or swap the phone outright.

Unless someone more experienced here has a better idea.

Sounds FUBAR'd to me, but I'm no expert by any stretch of the imagination.
  6. mistrasparra

mistrasparra New Member

my phone just did the same thing about 2 o'clock this afternoon, took it to a Verizon store and they were baffled...after trying to reset it a few times they gave up and told me they would replace it.
  7. pick1e

pick1e New Member

I woke up to see the same thing on my HTC thunderbolt verizon. Any news on this? Pulling the battery reloads to the same screen.
  8. pick1e

pick1e New Member

Update: I removed the SIM card and micro SD card then rebooted, the phone booted up to tell me that a SIM card was needed, emergency use only. Then I reinserted the SIM card and it booted up into my normal home screen with an error message:

Error
    Update Failed
    Source: Verizon Wireless
    Name: Thunderbolt 2.11.605.19 710RD
    Update Time: 15 Min(s)
    Size: 61.079 MB
    Description: This software update includes enhancements and improvements to your HTC Thunderbolt. See www.verizonwireless.com/Thunderboltsupport for details.
    OK/Cancel
  9. hammer192

hammer192 New Member

Thank you for the post. I too pulled the sim card, reboot. I then put the sim back in and booted. Error message showed, pressed ok and back in business.
  10. scotty85

scotty85 Guides Guide

have you fixed yet? this has happened becasue of some error the update found with the configuration of software/firmware you were runing. usually you get it when you try and run certain RUUs overtop of custom firmware,due to the way hboot stops and checks the software prior to continuing the software flash.

were you running a custom rom? possibly with the old eng 1.04.2000 hboot?

1.05 is the most current hboot,and from your radio, you have the newest radio,from the 2.11.605.19 firmware.

all you need to do is run a PG05IMG for the 2.11.605.19 RUU in hboot,and youll be back in business. your personal data will be gone,but theres unfortunately no way around that at this point,unless you wish to unlock your bootloader thru htcdev(wich ironicaly should let your phone boot normally with the firmware/software combo it currently has).

here is the PG05IMG that you need: [Update: New Radio, Too] Exclusive Download: Build 2.11.605.19 For The HTC Thunderbolt - No, It's Not ICS (But It Does Fix Some Things)
  11. Treetempest

Treetempest New Member

Mine has
    Locked mecha xd ship s-on
    Hboot-1.05.0000
    Microp-/
    Radio-1.49.09.0406w_1
    eMMC-boot

Fastboot

Bootloader
    Reboot
    Reboot bootloader
    Power down

I was stuck on htc white screen did a factory restore the got green arrow thing on black screen.

I don't know how to do the radio down load or what I need to do?!! No sim card either can u help me?? I need detail step by steps
    Help me plz:)
  12. Treetempest

Treetempest New Member

Don't know how to:

all you need to do is run a PG05IMG for the 2.11.605.19 RUU in hboot,and youll be back in business. your personal data will be gone,but theres unfortunately no way around that at this point,unless you wish to unlock your bootloader thru htcdev(wich ironicaly should let your phone boot normally with the firmware/software combo it currently has).
  13. iambelamana

iambelamana New Member

Hi All,
    Please assist me. I have HTC one and I did the following things.

1. One month back I have Unlocked with Htc Dev site and put Android Revolution HD 21 customer ROM and working fine.
    2. Recently I have Re-Locked and forget to install the RUU.
    3. After that the phone stays in FASTBOOT mode and not restarting. Below is the content. Please help me.

*** TAMPERED ***
    *** RELOCKED ***
    *** Security Warning ***
    M7_U PVT SHIP S-ON RH
    HBOOT-1.54.0000
    RADIO-4A.17.3250.14
    OpenDSP-v31.120.274.0617
    OS-2.24.707.3
    eMMC-boot 2048MB
    Jul 11 2013, 00:11:58.0

FASTBOOT

<VOL UP> to previous item
    <VOL DOWN> to next item
    <POWER> to select item

BOOTLOADER
    REBOOT
    REBOOT BOOTLOADER
    POWER DOWN

Thank you in Advance Techies
  14. scotty85

scotty85 Guides Guide

You simply need to re unlock the bootloader. You can get a new identifier code and unlock code if you need to.

Alternately, if there is an ruu for your device, you can run that.
  15. iambelamana

iambelamana New Member

Thank you Scotty, it worked. I was trying this before but my PC is not detecting the phone and I couldn't do the re unlocking. I restarted my PC and connected my phone and then did re unlocking. It worked.

Thank you very much, Iam back in business :)