Help! Lost 3G after loading XTRSense

Last Updated:

1. BoulderAndroidFan

BoulderAndroidFan Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hi--I just rooted and seemed to have everything going well--but now I seemed to have lost 3G, or actually, all network connection. No bars, just the X on signal reader. Can anyone please tell me how to get that going again? Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

What remedies have you attempted so far? If no live battery pull yet, I'd try that.

3. BoulderAndroidFan

I'll try that. Thanks!

4. BoulderAndroidFan

What do you mean by "live" battery pull?

5. BoulderAndroidFan

Upon rebooting two times--it seems to have come back...I'll keep you posted...BTW--where is the overclock controls on this ROM.

6. kobel1up

kobel1up Well-Known Member

You may have to download them from the market, setcpu. Or go over to xdm and look around for setcpu for free. I just paid the 3bucks for it in the market. If you have any more problems with xtrsense try the xtrRom. They are pretty close to each other, I like the xtrRom better myself. On the live battery pull, just pull it while on. Just try not to do it while it is booting up.

7. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

That's just opening the battery cover and removing the battery while the device is running, rather than powering it down first.

But you're right (as I see your other post), sometimes a reboot will do the trick.

Newly flashed ROMs sometimes need a bit of patience and babying for a little while. ;)

8. Podivin

Podivin VIP Member VIP Member

Welcome to the club. :)

9. lukesdiesel

lukesdiesel Well-Known Member

My Eris seems to do the best after a ROM flash if I let the phone completely boot then I power down and clean the Delvik cache.

10. chimpsnest

chimpsnest Member

Having the 3G issue .... if I toggle off the wireless the 3G comes back, going to look more into this....

11. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

Just as an FYI, if when you say "wireless" you mean WiFi, that is completely normal. 3G data and WiFi are mutually exclusive - your photo either carries data on 3G, or on WiFi. If you turn on WiFi and connect to an access point, your 3G radio will turn off.

12. KarateExplosion6

KarateExplosion6 Well-Known Member

They're built in already. If you want to roll with your own profile, following the instructions on post #1--you'll need to run a Gscript then install SetCPU or OC Widget.

13. chimpsnest

chimpsnest Member

Thank you for clearing that up for me, duh, lol. I never noticed this before and, in fact, had installed an app from the market (free) that would automatically switch the 3g off if I were near a network.

The odd thing was that at the same time I couldn't connect to the gmail so I thought there was a glitch. Now I'm not having any problems w/the gmail, so it must have been "a glitch" but not "the glitch" I was creating in my mind :)