• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root HELP! Lost LTE!

totalrecarl

Feb 29, 2012
OK, so I decided to flash CM12 last night with the APN fix. I was running CM12 for quite a while and was never able to get more than 1x and service kept dropping. I decided to restore my ZV5 backup and now I no longer have LTE, only 3G. I think I've heard some of some others that this has happened to. Does anyone know how I can get my LTE back?? ANY help would greatly be appreciated!

EDIT: It also looks like service is now randomly dropping for me on ZV5. Wonderful.

Last edited:
I have it installed, but it doesn't seem to want to let me edit any values. I can enter "edit access point", but when I tap on Port it doesn't do anything. It says that Proxy is not set and Port is not set but when I tap on them nothing happens.

Name:APN1 Virgin Internet LTE
APN:n.vmu.ispsn
Proxy:0
Port:0
Username:Sprint
Password:*
server:not set
MMSC:http://mmsc.vmobl.com:8088/mms?
MMS proxy:68.28.31.7
MMS port:80
MCC:310
MNC:120
Auth type:not set
APN Type:default,supl,mms,fota,dun
APN protocol:IPv4
APN roaming protocol:IPv4
Bearer:LTE
MVNO Type:none

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This happened to me too, I had to use the LG Flashtool to revert back to a stock zv3 to get my LTE back.

It came after upgrading to CM12 and doing all the fixes to get LTE there, then restoring to a back up of zv5. I even tried to do a full wipe before restoring the backup, still no LTE until I used the LG Flashtool.
This is what I feared. Welp, I've got my evening planned now. Thank you for responding!

Upvote 0
OK, got an update. I restored the TOT file with the LG Flash Tool. All went well and booted just fine. Everything looks good except I'm still not getting LTE and service keeps dropping out. I'm stumped here. Is it possible that the SIM card was corrupted somehow? That's the only explanation I can come up with.

Upvote 0
OK, got an update. I restored the TOT file with the LG Flash Tool. All went well and booted just fine. Everything looks good except I'm still not getting LTE and service keeps dropping out. I'm stumped here. Is it possible that the SIM card was corrupted somehow? That's the only explanation I can come up with.

You probably did, but just incase, did you update prl and profile?

Upvote 0
Not trying to hijack this thread, but I believe I'm having the same problem. I haven't had LTE either since I flashed CM 12 and the APN fix. On my lock screen, it says No SIM Card - Virgin Mobile. Do you think this has anything to do with not getting LTE?
I don't think so I have the same message no sim card virgin mobile I'm getting LTE

Reactions: master odysues
Upvote 0
Ahh. That's good. Just a couple hours ago I wasn't getting any data signal, even after applying the APN fix a couple times. I reverted to my stock, rooted backup, and LTE is working. I checked my APN settings, and apparently I have a totally different configuration. I plan on copying the file and putting it on my CM 12 ROM and seeing what happens. Hopefully that may fix my no LTE issue.

Upvote 0
Name:APN1 Virgin Internet LTE
APN:n.vmu.ispsn
Proxy:0
Port:0
Username:Sprint
Password:*
server:not set
MMSC:http://mmsc.vmobl.com:8088/mms?
MMS proxy:68.28.31.7
MMS port:80
MCC:310
MNC:120
Auth type:not set
APN Type:default,supl,mms,fota,dun
APN protocol:IPv4
APN roaming protocol:IPv4
Bearer:LTE
MVNO Type:none

Try with MMSC:

http://mmsc.vmobl.com:8088/mms?type=null

That's all one line^

Try playing with your APN settings a bit but make a backup of good ones!!!!!

I even have correct carrier but no sim

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-03-18-09-07-45.png
    Screenshot_2015-03-18-09-07-45.png
    221.3 KB · Views: 285
Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones