• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help! Lost my contacts :(

landair

Lurker
Jul 8, 2012
So, I just turned on my phone this morning, downloaded a new app, and then--the next thing I know-- hundreds of my contacts are gone. I had my contacts in groups & now all the groups were gone as well. I checked my text messages-- the phone numbers were still all there, but the names were not.

The majority of my contacts were saved only to my phone, not to gmail. (I know, that was really stupid of me.)

And, I hadn

Which app had you downloaded? Were your contacts saved to your SIM? You may be SOL on this one. Not sure what would have caused it. Even if you don't use Gmail, it's always a good idea too keep your contacts saved with them, especially when you move to a new phone. :)

I downloaded Song Pop. I didn't think that would cause my phone contacts to go haywire...

I had saved my contacts to my phone & then joined them with their corresponding facebook contacts. I don't think they saved to SIM, not sure... How can i check that? I tried importing contacts from the card, but it said no vCard found...

I will definitely back my contacts up & save to gmail starting now!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones