Help!!!!! Lte rooted. Stuck at boot screen!!!

1. mykerokka

mykerokka Member

Hi I recently rooted my phone and everything was all dandy and what not until I tried to install a new bootscreen. :/ Now everytime i try to restart my phone it gets stuck at the "htc quietly brilliant" bootscreen I can get into recovery and hboot just fine but I cant actually log into my phone. Recovery cant find any backups and idk how to factory restor without getting into the phone. Help please!!!

Advertisement
  2. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!! Moderator

welcome to the forums!!!!
    did you make a nandroid backup? did you save it on internal or external? do you still have the rom file on your sd card? you can always flash that. if not then you can mount the sd card and move a rom file over. connect the phone via usb and in the TWRP recovery mount>mount usb storage>transfer file over.

now all you have to do is wipe and flash a rom.
  3. argedion

argedion The TechnoFrog VIP Member

what method did you try to install the boot screen? and are you speaking of a splash screen (htc quietly brilliant) or the boot animation screen?

since you can get into recovery just try to reflash your current rom as ocean advices
  4. mykerokka

mykerokka Member

yes i did make a backup, when it first asked. idk where i saved it to though. and how would i know what what rom to look for what would i wipe and flash?
  5. mykerokka

mykerokka Member

I tried to install it via an app in the play store. and im alking about the original splash screen when you first get the phone. (htc quietly brilliant)
  6. ocnbrze

do you remember the app?

so your nandroid backup should be on your phone somewhere. go into recovery and select restore. if you have TWRP then at the top is an option to look in the external card or internally. select one of those and the file should pop up on the screen.

and did you stay stock once you were rooted? or did you flash a rom yet?
  7. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood Moderator

As you can see, we need a lot more information in order to not only identify what the problem is, but in order to provide you with a solution.

What is your H-boot? What method did you use to root (S-ON or S-OFF)?

The more detail you can provide about what you did the better.

The good news is you can still get to recovery. Simply flashing a ROM should fix this
  8. mykerokka

mykerokka Member

I stayed stock and there is no option to view externally or internally once i enter restore
  9. mykerokka

mykerokka Member

I have H-boot 1.15.0000 and i think s-on
  10. ocnbrze

what recovery do you have?
  11. mykerokka

mykerokka Member

i have team win recovery project
  12. mykerokka

mykerokka Member

the app was called quick boot and i tried to flash a boot called android on fire
  13. mykerokka

mykerokka Member

Also how do i flash a rom? Do i just put the rom on my sd card or what? And can I find one?
  14. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

Sorry to be late on this -

Although not the same cause, that might be helpful here, to help you find your backup.
    3vodroid and ocnbrze like this.
  15. mykerokka

mykerokka Member

Thanx for the help everyone I was safely able to flash a rom.
    ocnbrze, dustwun77 and EarlyMon like this.
  16. ocnbrze

17. atje5

atje5 New Member

I am having the same problem, but I have the one x and I don't have the rom in my starage anymore and when I try and mount my sd card it gives me and error, I know the one x dosn't have an sd card but nothing else in the list works what should I do
  18. windsorclarenc

windsorclarenc Well-Known Member

There's always the option of running a RUU. As long as you can get into bootloader and use fastboot commands.