• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help HELP! McAfee thinks my phone is rooted? Am I Bricked?

Girevik

Android Enthusiast
Dec 18, 2010
So I've been having a problem over the last couple of weeks where my phone (with AT&T) tells me my sim card is in valid. Usually a restart fixes is but it's been getting worse and worse. I tried getting a new sim but that didn't help.

So when it happens today and I restart, it comes up to a McAffee message that says my device is locked because it has ben rooted (it has not). I've restarted it several times and it keeps coming up. Is there anything I can do or am I screwed?

Wow. This is exactly why I disabled McAfee immediately upon turning the phone on.

I don't think safe mode will help since McAfee is a system app and won't be disabled by it. It might disable what ever is causing the problem, allowing you to disable McAfee. With your other SIM card issues though, a factory reset might be called for.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones