Help md5 mismatch

Last Updated: 2011-08-26 04:07:50
  1. Stikman

Stikman Well-Known Member

Ok so I flashed to the latest cm7 successfully but when I sent to restore my backup in cwm it said md5 sum mismatch and it doesn't restore now is there anyway to make it restore properly cause I really need my contacts and call log for work and I didn't sync them to Google so please help me asap

Advertisement
  2. KOLIO

KOLIO SERIAL AGNOANDROIDIST Guide

If you backed up your contacts to your SDcard,they should still be on it,as long as you didn't format the SDcard when flashing the newer version of CM7.
    The file is titled v0005* or something similar to that.I don't have that file,I just use GOOGLE to back-up my contacts.

I would upgrade to CWM 3.0.2.8 to avoid any future MD5 SUM mismatches.If that isn't the cause,then it's just a coincidence that I haven't seen that error while flashing ROMS since switching over from 3.0.0.5 to 3.0.2.8

*Someone please chime in or PM me w/the proper file name for contacts.
  3. ShinySide

ShinySide Disabled

0001 its a Vcard file.
  4. Stikman

The file is v0001 and I didn't back up mycontacts In awhile so its not up to date I need to fix the back up file thy I created with cwm is there any way I can do that?
  5. ShinySide

ShinySide Disabled

6. Stikman

That helped me none I can't use the software on my computer can I just upgrade to a new cwm and it will work? Please help I really need my contacts
  7. nuttmeg

nuttmeg Well-Known Member

you have to use which ever cwm recovery you had when you made the backup. but you also can restore the data from it when you after you install the update.
    KOLIO likes this.