Help me choose an Android!!

Last Updated:

1. DEMOLITION

DEMOLITION Member This Topic's Starter

Ok, so I really like the Samsung Fascinate and the Droid Incredible. The Droid X is a little big for me, so I think that is out of the equation. I looked up some comparisons on forums of the two phones, but I would like a recent answer as to where the phones stand now. From what I hear the Fascinate might have a bit of an edge in certain areas. I know the screen of the Samsung really caught my eye in the Verizon store and I really like the size of it. However, as far as performance which seems to be better? I got really bored of my Blackberry Bold, so I would like to have a phone that can keep me entertained in a sense haha. Just give me some opinions, pros, and cons on the two phones and that would be great! Hoping to choose a phone in the next day or two. Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. DEMOLITION

anyone?

3. mrdrh99

mrdrh99 Well-Known Member

I honestly think you'll be a bit happier with the fascinate...that screen is amazing...i think as far as hardware goes they are pretty much neck and neck. the fascinate is a sexy looking phone though!

4. DEMOLITION

Thanks a lot for the reply, much appreciated

5. lordofthereef

lordofthereef Well-Known Member

I am a little biased, but I avoid Samsung due to too many poor reviews (faulty hardware, cheap phone feel, late to do updates). That, and I have had some older (non android) handsets that fit that general description very well. People tend to gravitate towards Samsung because of their screens. I suppose this is fair, but to me, there is more to the phone than just the screen, unless all you plan to do is watch videos all day. There is a noticeable difference between the DINC and fascinate screens, but not so much so that you will feel that the DINC is bad (not IMO anyway). A big plus for the DIN is the 8GB of onboard memory, so you are almost guaranteed to never run out of app space when compared to other phones. My best suggestion is to go into a VZW and play with each phone. See how you like it. If you don't plan on rooting, modding, theming, etc. consider which UI you like better. A LOT of people really like the sense UI on the DINC. The fascinate's UI feels exactly like an iPhone clone to me. Some might prefer that, of course.

6. DEMOLITION

thanks a lot for your input, going into the verizon store in about 20 mintues, and going to buy one or the other haha

7. DEMOLITION

got the samsung, man this thing is soooo cool, never had anything like it

8. MegatronVsMe

MegatronVsMe Well-Known Member

Thats good that you like it:)
    I have the Samsung captivate and the EVO 4G

Captivate is a bit slow and laggy for my taste but it has an amazing screen and graphics like craaazy!
    Captivate and the fascinate have the exact same insides so i know what you have lol

I really dont like samsung as a company in general, but i hope your phone works amazingly!!
    Good luck

9. DEMOLITION

thanks! yea im starting to figure stuff out and im gonna look up some recommended apps