• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help me choose!!!

R0DE0

Lurker
Feb 26, 2011
I am so incredibly indecisive when it comes to phones, I would honestly have an easier time buying a house. All I know is I'm completely over my iPhone and I need a new phone NOWWWWW or very, VERY soon.

So let me clear a few things up first:

- I'm currently on AT&T, and I don't have a problem at all with the network, so please don't consider your bias towards a particular carrier.

- I am definitely open to switching to Verizon, only if it'll benefit me. Being able to snag my parent's upgrade that they will never use and get a new phone every 10 months is the only benefit I'm considering so far.

- I'm most interested in fast data speed, whatever carrier is going to have a faster data network coupled with the faster phone, now or in the near future here in Sacramento, CA.

- I believe of all UI's, HTC Sense has really been my favorite.

- I jailbroke my iPhone, and odds are, I might want root my Android phone too. But we will see.

Now that you know a little bit about how I'm thinking, these are the phones I'm seriously considering:

- HTC Inspire
- Motorola Atrix
- HTC Thunderbolt

Which do you guys think? Or am I better off waiting for what is coming out very soon. Such as the Samsung Infuse, or some other awesome phone that will be released shortly.

So, help me guys, I need HELLPPPP!! :D
Thanks in advance.

Atrix will likely have a locked bootloader as per Motorola's policies. It will make it difficult, but not impossible to root. It's likely the most powerful Android phone right now.

Any HTC phones are usually a safe bet. They are easy to root, HTC actually cares about upgrading them, and they have solid build quality.

As for tech, unless you have to have the newest and best at every turn, any 1 GHz processor phone will be snappy and good on battery life. I wouldn't buy into the dual core thing right now until the second generation of dual cores come out with better battery life.

From what you have mentioned, since you're not opposed to switching carriers, I'd say the Thunderbolt. The screen is huge, solid build quality with an aluminum body, the second gen Snapdragons can overclocked to outrageous levels, HTC Sense UI, it has a front facing camera if you're into that, and the rest of its specs are very good.

If you must stay with AT&T, go for the Atrix. It may not get superior battery life, but depending on use, it should get you through the day. It will also be future-proof for most of 2011 and possibly into 2012 allowing you to ride your contract out without buyer's remorse.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones