• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help me decide on a case!

RoadRunnerSS

Jul 21, 2010
Ok, I have 3 cases that I really like and I'm confused on which one to get for the S4. I'm picking up my S4 this Friday so I need a case before I take it out of the box. One thing I really really like about the Seidio is that it attaches to a belt clip. Anyone have experience with any of these cases?

Spigen Neo Hybrid
Seidio Surface with kick stand
UAG Scout

Spigen Neo Hybrid - Looks the coolest
Seidio Surface with kick stand - Actually had this case, I'll speak more about it
UAG Scout - Dont like it. Takes away the look of a beautiful phone

I've actually owned the Seidio Surface for my S2. In fact, it was the longest tenured case I ever kept on it. Offered great protection, and keep the form factor. I didnt have the kick stand, but I'm sure the build quality is identical.

*Note: I did own the casemate pop w/kickstand, and it was every bit as beautiful on my phone. Eventually gave it to the wife because I later got the Seidio. As much as I loved the case, I rarely used the kickstand.

MM

Upvote 0
I got the Neo Hybrid. Great case! Fits perfectly, the volume and power buttons feel great, there's ample room for most USB cables (I did have to trim my car charger cable's bulky end slightly), and the lip on the front is nice to help protect the screen if the phone is laid screen-down. Actually, the case doesn't even look like a case. It simply looks like the phone. Mine is the slate grey color.

All that being said, this thing will NOT protect like more rugged Otterboxes. It's slim, lightweight, and slender. If hardcore protection is your wish, look elsewhere. For me, I'm cautious enough that I don't need/want a big bulky case.

Upvote 0
I'm actually trying out a bunch of cases from Spigen and Seidio this month. Here's my two cents so far:

- My wife has the Seidio Active case for her S III, and that is a great case. Great drop protection and the kickstand is actually pretty handy. I assume the S4 case has identical build quality. I expect the Surface will add less bulk than the Active, but it's really a matter of personal preference.

- Currently I'm trying out the Spigen Crimena (leather pouch) and the Neo Hybrid. (In case anyone's curious, the Crimena is a tight fit, and the phone in the Neo Hybrid definitely will not slide inside the Crimena. I'm hoping the Ultra Thin Air case will.)

- Neo Hybrid looks great. The rigid plastic band around the edge of the phone looks glossy, but it is actually the part of the case that improves the grip. The black matte back of the Neo Hybrid is actually pretty slippery. I agree with Eric618. I'm guessing that this case will provide minor drop protection only.

- I've also got the Slim Armor and Ultra Thin Air cases from Spigen on order from Amazon. And will probably try out the Seidio cases as well before I decide on one and return the rest.

Upvote 0
Spigen is amazing. Just got it from Amazon yesterday. Fits like a glove. Looks like a work of art. Smooth. Slick. Comfortable. Flush with phone design, edges, camera, and physical keys (volume rocker and power button). Everything looks feels and works great. TOTALLY recommend this case.

I have a white GS4 with the Neo Hybrid Infinity White case. Black on white on black on white just looks slick.

And the back of the case provides enough grip that I can use the phone one-handed now. Seems to provide good protection overall as well. But I'm still gonna take REALLY good care of my phone regardless of having a case. I'm gonna baby this thing for as long as I can.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Spigen Neo Hybrid for sure

Looks sleek, sexy, keeps it slim, and still protects
Comes in a variety of colors too. I got silver, but am going to swap between that and metal slate

7AFAxZpl.jpg

Upvote 0
Well, my Spigen Neo-Hybrid case broke a few days ago. The hard plastic frame just snapped in half at the thin sections where the USB plug goes. The phone was never dropped, and the case was in perfect shape, other than the break, of course.

I emailed Spigen, and sent them pictures of the broken case. I never even heard back! The case was originally bought directly from them (was def. not a knockoff), and they can't even write me back!!

I ended up replacing the case with an Incipio DualPro. I always used Incipio cases with past phones, and clearly shouldn't have switched to Spigen, with their Fragile materials and nonexistent customer support. Never again will I buy their overpriced garbage!!!

Reactions: 5280Man
Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones