Help me fix my phone

1. fstbusa

fstbusa Well-Known Member

I'm a total newbie when it comes to flashing ROMs and whatnot.

I got clockwork installed correctly and downloaded the superclean ROM to my SD card.

I rebooted into recovery and tried a data wipe/factory reset. It ran and ran and ran for over an hour and I couldn't find any info on the web about how long it should take so I pulled the battery thinking it was hung.

I now boot up and it goes into Android System Recovery. At the bottom it says "Manual Mode"

The SD card is still installed.

It gives me the following options but I can't select any of them.

Reboot system now
    apply sdcard:update.zip
    wipe data/factory reset
    wipe data cache partition

What can I do?

Advertisement
    :
  2. davidnmegan6907

davidnmegan6907 Well-Known Member

what button did you use to try to select an option?
  3. fstbusa

I was using the power button.

I just was told on another forum to Select apply sdcard:update.zip, and press home softkey. this will take you to green recovery screen.

This worked fine and I was able to get back into clockwork and reboot to my previous rom.

How long should I wait for clockwork to wipe my data?
  4. davidnmegan6907

It should not take an hour. But I'm confused about why you are trying to wipe data? Also did you do a nandroid backup when you first installed clockwork?
  5. fstbusa

Yes I did a backup. I've read that you should wipe data and all cache before flashing a new rom.
  6. davidnmegan6907

Ok I'm sorry I misread. When you installed clockwork did you flash it in rom manager twice?
  7. fstbusa

Nope I installed clockwork using Odin and then ran the Clockwork in Rom manager once and then rebooted into recovery.
  8. davidnmegan6907

I hear its best to flash twice but I really b don't know its that. Did you say that tutu did scroll down to wipe data and tried using the menu key to enter. Sorry I seem to be alone tonight and trying to help a few ppl so bear with me please
  9. nitsuj17

nitsuj17 Well-Known Member

did it ever boot correctly into (green) clockwork recovery?...try and navigate down to "apply update.zip" in blue recovery and hit the home key to apply it

if it doesnt take, then clockwork recovery wasnt installed properly