Help me format my sd....

Last Updated:

1. mikeyinid

mikeyinid Active Member This Topic's Starter

I need to partition my sd with a ext4 partition... I have read tons of how to's, tried many different ways and cant figure it out. I wanna try a rom but it wot work and i think its cus i dont have my sd right. Someone help...

Advertisement
  2. mikeyinid

....got it...there is a .zip file you can flash and it does it with RA recovery, super easy..

3. Raven198

Raven198 Well-Known Member

Glad you got it figured out, cause I had no clue.

4. mikeyinid

The file is called userinitmount.zip-You flash it from recovery. You know how in ra recovery it gives you the option to partition to ext3 and ext4, but it gives an error when you try? If you flash that .zip file, ra will partition to ext3 and ext4. Make sure you do it in that order too. Now that I know how to do it, I need to learn what the differences are between the different kinds of partitions and which kind i should be using on CM6 :D

5. Raven198

Raven198 Well-Known Member

Well, when you figure it out let me know.

6. mikeyinid

From what im reading, CM6 is ok with the ext2 partition. But i know some roms, particularly hero roms, will not function without a ext4. So i guess i spent a whole day learning the partition thing for nothing...i dont plan on changing roms anytime soon...

7. Phateless

Phateless Well-Known Member

While we're on this subject does anyone know if any of these roms REQUIRE a partitioned sd card, or is that only if you intend to use swap and a2sd?

Since both of my sd cards are far too slow for that I figure there's no point in partitioning.

8. mikeyinid

wtf...now my apps arent saving to sd. they were. i have them set to external in CM6. what gives