help me get started with my esteemSupport

1. flutterbye

flutterbye Member

i've had this used, rooted esteem for a little over a week.. i need some help sussing out the setup, as i didn't get much info from previous owner. this much i know - it has ldk-ick and adw launcher installed but no help files. i.ve used adw to apply my own settings, but don't know anything about ldk-ick. I've installed a number of apps without problem. my only hurdle so far has been that the system font, although beautiful, is causing eye strain. this makes it difficult to research a fix! i've found a few font variations in the system/fonts directory, but no ui to access & apply them.
    I'm afraid of experimenting with font changing apps until someone has helped me identify any caveats i should be aware of.
    soooo.... my questions are:
    1.) how do i quickly & safely get a legible font installed?
    2.) how do i get started revolting the installation of ldk-ick?
    thanks in advance
    ~ f

Sent from my LG-MS910 using Tapatalk 2

Advertisement
  2. flutterbye

flutterbye Member

forgot to mention that superuser is installed also.

3. bnb25

bnb25 Well-Known Member

4. flutterbye

flutterbye Member

thanks. i'm not quite ready to go that route yet. i feel i should learn a little about this one before i go replacing it.. does anyone know if I'll have a problem with typefresh?

5. Mexjoker

Mexjoker I'm Not Real, Doris!

Typefresh? Never heard of it. But you can download a font changer in the market and change the font to a more suitable one that wont cause eye strain.

LD-ICK is a theme.. That is that it changes the look of the UI. Think of it as remodeling your room. :3
    flutterbye likes this.
  6. flutterbye

flutterbye Member

it's just a theme! ah! i thought it was the rom! yikes.

7. Mexjoker

Mexjoker I'm Not Real, Doris!

Well a theme involves flashing it via recovery menu, but its simple just find it and select it. That's about it. A rom is also easy as it does the while wipe thing for you, but you can hold that off until you feel comfortable with the whole flashing a rom/theme.
    flutterbye likes this.