• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root help me i bricked my phone

Zak6169

Feb 20, 2011
i rooted it and installed launcher pro deleted my canvas like an idiot then installed handcent and deleted the stock messaging thing. i couldnt recieve pic messages so i reset it , dnt ask me y i thoughtt it wud work, now im just getting a black screen, i kno im full of brilliant ideas...is there anything i can do?

i rooted it and installed launcher pro deleted my canvas like an idiot then installed handcent and deleted the stock messaging thing. i couldnt recieve pic messages so i reset it , dnt ask me y i thoughtt it wud work, now im just getting a black screen, i kno im full of brilliant ideas...is there anything i can do?

Hi! Don't panic. You will be allright. Just don't delete anything else right now. LOL

First...did you uninstall Canvas or did you freeze it. And did you do it with Titanium Backup or another app.

Also...are you with MetroPCS or Cricket.

Same with your stock messaging. Did you uninstall or did you freeze? It's better to freeze just in case you need it back.

Before you do anything else try this:

Power off and remove the battery for a few minutes.
Power back on and see if the launcher will start.

If it doesn't we will go to step two.

PS....don't worry about Icarus right now. That's the last thing you need to even think about! LOL

Or recovery. We will get you back to normal. That's our goal. :)

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
To reinstall your stock canvas follow the steps on this link:

http://androidforums.com/huawei-ascend/282086-huawei-ascend-how-re-install-stock-canvas.html

To reinstall your stock messaging follow the steps on this link:

http://androidforums.com/huawei-ascend/282029-huawei-ascend-stock-messaging-re-install-file.html

Now...before you begin these procedures, I would recommend that you download another Launcher (so you have a backup) from the market. GO Laucher EX is free and is similar to LauncherPro.

Also, download Home Switcher from the market - free

Use it to switch back and forth between launchers. Be sure to set 'at default' the launcher you use most of the time.

You will also have to figure out which of the widgets your home canvas had on it because even if you deleted Canvas you will still have these running in the background. So, you need to back them up and freeze them with Titanium Backup.

But you can do that after you get other things working again. :)

Upvote 0
wait do i need to install any drivers for the phone onto my pc? cuz i hav not done so

Yes you will have to. Once you connect your USB to your computer it will give you three options. The first is to install the drivers. Do that and then proceed with the rest of the instructions.

If you have a hard time finding the card, go to My Computer and it will be there. Just double click on it.

Upvote 0
Hi. I have a huge problem and I am so stressed because some of the people in these forums are awfully mean and I am already having a bad enough time, Plus I have been searching for 3 days and found no working solution. I love my phone and I fear I may just have to give up all hope, but I am just not quite ready to let go....
Seriously tho, I rooted my Optimus S and I had a hell of a time getting a recovery to work finally thunderc did the trick. then I added thundeRom, and I had it about to weeks when I came across this cool ROM called cyanogen nightly so I just had to have it. Well then my phone wouldn't flash into recovery. I tried installing many recoveries none would work.
After so many failed attempts I kept getting permission denied. I remembered that before I rooted I had the same problem and after I did a factory reset and wiped my phone clean it worked, So I did that again and I pretty sure it bricked, only I have not found any other post where the symptoms were just like mine. My phone will only blink LG nothing else.
I did back up with titanium before this and I had a nandroid backup also. Is there any hope? Does anyone know what may have happened with my recovery before this happened? It was working fine. I have not been this long without a phone in at least 10 years. Please help I would greatly appreciate it. thanks.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones