Help me! I think i broke it(Resolved-Bought a new one)

1. theminor19

theminor19 Well-Known Member

i was trying to do this (http://androidforums.com/hydro-all-things-root/675423-hydro-tweaks-tested-confirmed-working.html) last night and my phone started bugging out on me. Now it will constantly bootloop. The only screen it shows is the "Hydro by Kyocera" then it goes blank and reboots. Is there any way to fix this or am i stuck with a paperweight till i somehow find the money to cover the replacement?

Edit: I got it to boot into recovery but it comes up with this message "E:Cannot load volume /misc!" 3 times. When i wipe data/fatory reset it says Formatting /data...Formatting /cache... Data wipe complete then the same message about E:. Please if there is anything i can do short of replacing it i am willing to try it.

Advertisement
  2. Petegunns

Petegunns Well-Known Member

If you can remember, which tweaks did you apply, and at what point did your phone start "bugging out?"
  3. db2

db2 Well-Known Member

The /misc error is on the Rise as well, it can be ignored.

Did it work again when you rebooted?

edit: I bet you forgot to set the permissions. Unless you can adb in or get it to boot there's likely no fix.
  4. theminor19

theminor19 Well-Known Member

I went out and bought a new one today. So to answer the questions that were asked before i bought the new one, there is only one tweak i did and i posted a hyper link to it, so if you dont know what you are doing dont do it. Ie=me no clue i always just flashed roms on the previous phone i owned so nothing in the knowelede of tweaks. And no it did not work after i rebooted it. Otherwise i wouldnt have posted this. I did set permissions, but i dont think it saved right, but i wont be doing it again
  5. Embershot

Embershot New Member

I just ended up with the same problem on my hydro and I have not attempted to root it. factory reset doesn't fix the problem, please help.
  6. zimlokks

zimlokks Well-Known Member

what have yu done to yur phone? i will try and help :)
  7. Embershot

Embershot New Member

nothing special. I installed the typical apps such as, stitcher, app manager 3, Facebook etc. I did try a couple of volume boosters, but they didn't work so I uninstalled them and wipe the cache. that was over a week ago. my sound just went out a couple of hours ago while listening to stitcher.
  8. zimlokks

i think this might be a hardware problem.
  9. Embershot

Embershot New Member

damn, I was really hoping something could be done other than replacing the phone. this phone is only about 2 weeks old. I appreciate the input anyhow.
  10. zimlokks

do u have root access? using audio mods seems to imply yu are rooted?