• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Help me! I think i broke it(Resolved-Bought a new one)

theminor19

Android Enthusiast
May 12, 2012
Michigan
i was trying to do this (http://androidforums.com/hydro-all-things-root/675423-hydro-tweaks-tested-confirmed-working.html) last night and my phone started bugging out on me. Now it will constantly bootloop. The only screen it shows is the "Hydro by Kyocera" then it goes blank and reboots. Is there any way to fix this or am i stuck with a paperweight till i somehow find the money to cover the replacement?

Edit: I got it to boot into recovery but it comes up with this message "E:Cannot load volume /misc!" 3 times. When i wipe data/fatory reset it says Formatting /data...Formatting /cache... Data wipe complete then the same message about E:. Please if there is anything i can do short of replacing it i am willing to try it.

I went out and bought a new one today. So to answer the questions that were asked before i bought the new one, there is only one tweak i did and i posted a hyper link to it, so if you dont know what you are doing dont do it. Ie=me no clue i always just flashed roms on the previous phone i owned so nothing in the knowelede of tweaks. And no it did not work after i rebooted it. Otherwise i wouldnt have posted this. I did set permissions, but i dont think it saved right, but i wont be doing it again

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones