Help me/infor me of best screen protector for my situationAccessories

Last Updated:

1. JanelleTheRider

JanelleTheRider Member This Topic's Starter

ok so...
    1. i go to the Dunes (for those of you that dont know, thats piles of sad that you ride around on) and it has to protect the screen from getting sand-blasted
    2. im planning on getting the Otter Box case if they come out with one for the EVO, so it has to be able to work with that case (here is the link to the HTC HD2 Otterbox case...this would probably be the most similar to the EVO case: http://www.otterbox.com/htc-cases/htc-hd2-cases/htc-hd2-cases-u.s./htc-hd2-commuter-series-case-u.s./ )
    and would any of these screen procectors interfere with the camera on the front? like make it blurry or anything? or is there a cut out/hole for the camera?

Advertisement
  2. JanelleTheRider

* title suppose to say "inform" not "infor" *

3. SniperDroid

SniperDroid Well-Known Member

Not to be a smart ass, but I would recommend a zip-lock bag. Sand will get into the smallest places, charge ports etc. A screen protector will keep your screen safe, but any exposed hole, i.e. speaker grill, earpiece, mic, etc. will be at risk.

4. nickoakdl

nickoakdl Well-Known Member

Completely agree. I wouldn't do anything "extreme" with this phone no matter what the protection is. Sand WILL get into places you don't want it, which could scratch the screen you get stuck in certain inputs. I think Otterboxes are relatively drop-proof but you sound like you need the equivalent of water-proof, which I don't think exists yet for this phone.

5. JanelleTheRider

when ever i go i always have it in a plactic bag, rapped up in a rag & then inside of a pouch/glove box thing.
    but if i need to USE it to make a call or something it has to come out of all of that and into the elements to be functional.
    i guess i just want to know what the most durable screen protector is that will work with the case... & i really dont think the case will be an issue beacuse the bottom layer is silicone so the protector should fit under there no problem