• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help me jump ship?

reno55

Jun 20, 2010
I am strongly considering switching to the Samsung Captivate ( I know not the right forum but this is general android questions I have). My dilemma is there are certain things I love about my iphone that I am not sure I will get on Android:

1. Can I sync photos from my mac to my android and vice versa?

2. I have heard the "ipod"/music player on the android isnt so great?

3. As I understand I get 16gb on the Captivate but then I can install another 32gb card to get more on there?

Has anyone else gone from iPhone 4 to Android and how was it for you?

Hey reno, just do it dood. I just came from an iphone 3g to android (evo) and I couldn't be happier.
You can sync your photos. One way to do it is to just drag and drop, while connected to usb. Another way, if you use iphoto on a mac, you can sync with flickr, but their hosting fee is pretty high. I went with picasa. I had to sideload gallery3d onto my phone to get picasa down/uploading, but it was super easy.
In fact, the only time I have plugged my phone into my computer was to sideload that app.
Android's music player is very, very simple. I think it sucks. I'm still working on stripping the drm from gigs of itunes music so I can get it to my phone, so I don't have much experience here. But there are plenty of pretty cool looking music players on the app market.
You should be able to upgrade your card, if the phone supports a card that big. I don't know if you've looked, but those 32 gb cards are a grip of cash and hard to find.

Bottom line, what you "loose" with direct syncing with itunes of all your data, you gain so much more with an os that isn't locked down arbitrarily by the company you bought it from.
Dood, just do it, and you won't ever look back. I haven't missed my iphone at all in two weeks.
Peace.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones