1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

help me out connect wizards!

1. mrast

mrast Well-Known Member

OK. My wife's phone has been disconnected for a while and it was working fine. She had it reconnected today and had the phone number changed. The metro tech had her punch in some service codes and it immediately popped up with the dreaded " Android. process.acore.process has stopped unexpectedly please try again "
    Her phone is running Broken out ROM. I'm usually really good with this but its got me stumped. Any help would be appreciated

Advertisement
  2. XDieAndGoX

XDieAndGoX Well-Known Member

Broken Out ROM does not come with the HiddenMetroPCSMenu.apk which causes for that error to come up. You will have to revert the phone back to stock (after making a nandroid) and then take it to be programmed. Before restoring, make a nandroid of the stock-programmed ROM and restore BO. Try to see if the phone is programmed after restoring BO, otherwise post here and we will continue troubleshooting.
  3. airtioteclint

airtioteclint Well-Known Member

^^yup what he said. Would he be able to program it by simply adding the hiddenmenu to bo? I think #2 got it i can upload it.
  4. mrast

mrast Well-Known Member

I live in the middle of nowhere, Utah. The closest metro store is 50 miles away. Is there a way I can simply add it through root explorer and then wipe dalvik and reset? I do that with non system apps that I want in my system folder? If not, is there an alternative to getting it reprogrammed?
  5. XDieAndGoX

XDieAndGoX Well-Known Member

Actually, the MetroPCSHiddenMenu.apk can be deodexed and put into BO, but I have not been able to access the MetroPCS Hidden Menu with the deodexed apk already in the system folder. I tried using the Launcher Pro shortcut method and it did not show me an option for adding thr MHM like ot would in stock. I would try to dial in the code, but I forgot what it was. :p
    mrast likes this.
  6. airtioteclint

Here you go put this in you system, apps folder. Reboot and try reprogramming. You shouldn't have to go to a store. Dial *228.

http://db.tt/FfUVlJGH
    mrast likes this.
  7. mrast

mrast Well-Known Member

I have the codes. So if I download a ROM with the mhm.apk and install it through root explorer, wipe, reset and put in the codes "theoreticly" that should work? Either way I'll try it.
    I have a backup of the rooted stock system from before I installed Broken Out. Would that work?

Disregard above and thanks I'll try that
  8. airtioteclint

9. mrast

mrast Well-Known Member

OK so adding the deodexed metro hidden menu. apk to your system folder and resetting works like a charm. Thanks for your your invaluable help. Now I'm off to the esteem forum