• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Help me out please!

Im rather computer-savvy, but need some help with my android. After months of researching temp-rooting and perm-rooting, I still cant find any method that may be simple enough for me to achieve.
If anyone could point me in the right direction for any temp/perm rooting tutorials for an EVO Shift 4G with Android v2.3.3 and HTC Sense 2.1 that'd be great.
One more question...
Is there a perm-root mehtod where you could still unroot your phone if you wanted to?

Thanks to anyone that can help me out.

http://androidforums.com/evo-shift-...rrect-tutrial-temp-rooting-2-3-evo-shift.html

There is some info there that will help you. Barberboy has had to temp root twice now, so he may be our resident expert. Read the thread (skip the nonsense lol) and post in their if you need some help....

Gingerbread cannot be permanently rooted as of right now, so all you can do is temp root. And if you need to unroot, just reboot and it will get rid of root for you.

I'm not too savvy either. Jump right in, as long as you can follow directions and have basic commands on the pc down, you can do it. The tutorials sometimes make rooting look worse than it is.

Good luck, and like I said post up in the other thread if you have questions about that temp root method.

Upvote 0
That XDA tutorial...it talks about my ADB folder/ADB dierctory...what exactly is my ADB folder/directory? I'd ask on there, but dont feel like joining another forums site for a simple question :p

NEVERMIND!
got past that, now, after i navigate to the adb folder in cmd, and run the first command, i get "error:device not found" im sure thats because of something i dont have installed...ive got the SDK, HTC Sync...dont know what im missing...

Upvote 0
That XDA tutorial...it talks about my ADB folder/ADB dierctory...what exactly is my ADB folder/directory? I'd ask on there, but dont feel like joining another forums site for a simple question :p

NEVERMIND!
got past that, now, after i navigate to the adb folder in cmd, and run the first command, i get "error:device not found" im sure thats because of something i dont have installed...ive got the SDK, HTC Sync...dont know what im missing...
try uninstalling the HTC sync that happen ed to me once and somebody suggested it to me

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones