Help Me Pimp my Moment~Support

Last Updated:

1. Pengwinn

Pengwinn Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hi Moment Users,

I just got the moment for my birthday last night. I've been on this forum for a couple weeks doing research. I noticed a lot of you are using the HTC clock widget, and I too want this on my moment.

I looked in the market under beautiful Widgets as I thought that is what the app is called, but all I am pulling up is "Beautiful Clock Widget" & "Beautiful Picture Widget".

Would someone mind pointing me in the right direction?

Any app, or widget, anyone thinks is a must, would be nice to know!

Thanks~

UPDATE:

Found the widget I was looking for...

Quick question, The sprint guys download Advance Task Cleaner Pro when I purchased and activated the phone, How do I delete this program?

Advertisement
  2. Wingzfan61

Wingzfan61 Well-Known Member

First off root your phone. Instructions can be found here:http://androidforums.com/all-things-root-moment/51663-few-questions.html#post420664

Next, the weather app your looking for is "Weather Widget"

From there check out "Titanium Backup" to remove unwanted stock sprint apps

If you dont install a new theme from the first link or dont like the default home screens check out a "Home replacement" app. GDE, DXTop, OpenHome, PandaHome etc.

Thats my advice for a start.

3. kiddk1

kiddk1 Well-Known Member

droidappz.org, the site is down now but when it is up you can find pretty much anything you want there

I beleive you are looking for beautiful widgets 2.34, it is the one with the clock similiar to the hero

4. sparten1500

sparten1500 Member

here go to this site lin removed by moderator it has a lot of free apps,games and themes but put a file on ur SD card called "hackr" and from the market download "astro file viewer" THEN PUT UR sd card back in ur phone and turn it on then go to "astro file viewer" and find "hackr" then click on the app or widget u want and click "open app manager" then click "install"

5. duratime

duratime Well-Known Member

I would suggest Handcent MMS, won't "pimp" your home screen, but it will "pimp" your test messaging experience, and it is free in the Market.

Pengwinn likes this.
  6. Pengwinn

Mind explaining in a little detail how it will better my text messaging experience. :D

7. AlkiDweller

AlkiDweller Well-Known Member

Because the stock messaging client is dull and boring and Handcent is shiny and sparkly. :rolleyes:

Pengwinn likes this.
  8. Pengwinn

YES it is thanks guys... Any cool widgets that I should know about?

PS> I F-ing Love this phone!

9. kiddk1

kiddk1 Well-Known Member

Handcent rocks, you will never go back to the stock after using it, Chomp sms is also an alternative, it is very similiar to handcent

10. duratime

A new "pimp" item that I just learned about from another's post is the Helix launcher. Lets you add home screens and lets you put apps or contacts next to the app drawer. Not sure if it will work on 1.5 build, since I'm running the leaked 2.1, which is actually the best "pimp" so far.

11. Pengwinn

Is this similar to GDE, or Openhome?

12. duratime

Don't really know. I don't think it is, it is pretty lightweight and easy to set up, and free. It mainly adds pages. With 2.1 you can have direct dial (or text) contacts on your home screens. I have dedicated one of them just to this. I have put my office and shop numbers next to the drawer icon, so they are on every page. It's a cool app.

13. Eric-VTX

Eric-VTX Well-Known Member

i've got openhome , beautiful widgets which these two are must have! I also Handcent which I agree it pimps!!!had chomps and so did my wife but now she loves Handcent.
    Another which really ROCKS!!!!and its free is Zedge (Wallpaper & Ringtones) best then any I've seen....

Oh, one more thing...if you haven't seen or tried? Swype is a must have, I haven't used qwerty keyboard since I've installed swype...i like to do it around people and they get all freak out how fast it is...I'm getting good with one hand and actually competed with someone at work texting with T9 and me in swype....and sat there to see her finish while i was done...lol

14. decalex

decalex Well-Known Member

Ya, handcent is awesome.. and you can pimp it too. I set my screen to all black, a dark 'divider' color and light text. Should save power with the amoled too. You can also customize each person's thread. I'm blanking on how to take a screen shot.

Ditto on Swype. I rarely open my physical keyboard.
    Also couldn't live without Bar Control (in market), Process Killer, Astro, and BetterCut with some cool BetterAndroid Icon Packs.