• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help HELP ME PLEASE! Android no show

I'm trying to transfer files between my laptop, running vista basic and my desire. My pc will not recognise my desire even with the default set at disk drive. When i connect the phone via the usb cable it doesn't ask which type I want even with the check option ticked. What am I doing wrong?. I've uninstalled the driver from the laptop and started from scratch but still no joy.

Any ideas please?! I'm losing the will! LOL

This sounds like the issue I was having with my HTC Merge when I first connecting it to my computer. It started working after I unmounted and formatted the SD card. You could try going into settings and unmounting and remounting the SD card, or even completely formatting it. I'm not an expert in the area, I'm simply sharing my experience. Your mileage may vary.

Reactions: MikeyCooperH
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones