• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help me please :) New android User

jamez567

Lurker
Jun 21, 2013
Hey Guys and Gals

Moved over from the iphone 4s to the HTC ONE 32GB last night (the 2013 one with the dual frontal speakers) and problems occurred

1. (most important problem) i downloaded loads of apps on the play store which have installed and downloaded....i can see them when I go to settings but they arent on the applications page...cannot find them for the life of me..where am i going wrong

2. (not really that important) but used the software to restore from a iphone backup..did the first 35% in a minute took 2 hours to do the next 2% then sort of failed (or i accidentally ended it). Is this timeframe normal? It only did the messages in that time

Thanks for your help
Glad i moved (if i get the apps to work)

1. You mean when you press the app drawer button they aren't in there? Basically that's the small button at the center of the dock (row of icons at the bottom), its right above the HTC logo. I think it looks like a set of small square boxes.

2. Depends entirely on what kind of data was being transferred at the moment. A large number of small files can get transferred pretty quickly, but a few large files get transferred slowly.

Reactions: Crashdamage
Upvote 0
Thanks

I have tried the grid button above the htc sign which shows all the apps but the ones I downloaded don't come up, just the standard ones.

However when I go into settings it shows them all

Silly suggestion but would it make any difference if I haven't put my SIM card in yet?

I'm getting so annoyed I might go to the store to ask

It's a bit embarrassing because I am proper into computers and phones

On my mates s3 there's an apps folder and they are all in there

Thanks dan, haven't taken the phone out yet as its useless without the apps

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones