• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help me please someone!

kirstyh89

Lurker
Jul 1, 2011
Please can someone help me, ive just downloaded the android 2.3 system update for my desire hd and i cant send txts to anyone at all, when i try to send the screen goes back to the home screen and my signal then goes down to nothing. Ive tried downloading 3rd party messagig apps (ive currently got Handcent but ive also tried go sms) and it does the same. Anyone got any ideas what else i can do or try?
:thinking:

Hey Kirsty, sorry to hear that you're having this issue. Many people have also posted similar problems on the forum. Is it to a specific contact that you can't send the message or is it to everybody? Unfortunately, the steps you have taken, installing third party apps, are the only known fixes. If you're having little luck with them you could try contacting HTC, but whether they will be supportive is another question..

Reactions: kirstyh89
Upvote 0
Settings -> Applications -> Manage Applications -> Messages (or whatever app you're using) -> Clear Data

Try that, it will clear all data associated with the messaging app. You'll probably lose all stored messages (sorry), but it might clear whatever the problem is.

As RisingMoon suggested, normally a 3rd Party app will resolve the issue, unfortunately in this case it hasn't. If the above doesn't work, we'll see what else we can try.

Reactions: kirstyh89
Upvote 0
How do i know if its branded or not? It doesnt have an 02 logo on it if thats what it means, im not too amazing with phones.
If i reset the factory settings wikl that wipe my sim contacts or can i remove the sim first and reset?

As far as I'm aware, stuff on the SIM should be fine. The SD Card def remains untouched, but if you want to be safe, remove the SIM or put in another one before you do it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones