Help me romless loser!Support

Last Updated:

1. keyboardwarrior

keyboardwarrior Member This Topic's Starter

HELP ME :-(

UK Orange HTC Desire User now with out a ROM on the phone.

Created a Gold Card

Ran the ROM Update Utility: RUU_Bravo_Froyo_HTC_WWE_2.10.405.2_R_Radio_32.44.00.32U_5.09.05.30_2_release_142828_signed.exe (This is the Stock Froyo ROM from HTC).

Set my phone to USB debugging and charge only and connected it to my XP laptop.

The ROM Update Utility detected my phone and began updating my ROM. The phone displayed a Black HTC screen. It was stuck @ 22% complete, attempting to run Bootloader. This continued to be the case for over 30 mins. I pulled the plug and now I only have the boot loader itself, it no longer boots in to the Android OS.

I notice that when you try to connect the phone in Bootloader in USB mode it doesn

Advertisement
  2. rtb35

rtb35 Well-Known Member

Try restarting your pc and trying again,when you install the drivers your pc needs to restart to load them up like any other program.

3. keyboardwarrior

The issue is I haven't been able to find the Android 1.0 drivers that are required when you are in the bootloader menu with usb connection to the computer. If anyone has a link to HTC Desire Android 1.0 drivers, that would be great.

And as a further kick in the balls, my Mrs just had the Orange 2.2 update come through. She is now running FROYO! Doh!

4. keyboardwarrior

Problem now solved!

http://androidforums.com/htc-desire/177907-froyo-2-09-405-8-update-windows-not-required.html

I downloaded the correct zip file and renamed it according to the instructions.
    I then copied it to the root of the GOLDCARD
    Booted in to Bootloader and it detected and read the zip file.
    It said do I want to run the update. YEAH!

Didn't need to use windows at all in the first place! As long as the goldcard is correct, everything works fine!