Help Me Root - and I'll Donate!

Last Updated:

1. adamzeit

adamzeit New Member This Topic's Starter

OK - seriously...I've had 3 years of successful Hard SPL and Flashing experience on WM phones...no problem! I'm a fairly technical non-developer guy...but I just can't get my unlocked Rogers HTC Magic to root successfully! I really want to flash a new ROM on this thing. I get the device recognized on my USB...."adb devices" returns my SN without any issue. But when I get into Fastboot mode nothing seems to want to work...or I'm just not understanding the right way to get it done. yes - I followed the Magic Rooting WiKi already....but maybe because I'm not much of a command line guy, I'm just not "getting it".

So - if any one of your experts out there (please - someone who really and truly has done this a few times and knows the ins-and-outs fully) want a quick PayPal donation to buy a case of beer or something - please PM me and we'll get on the phone together. I'm sure you will have me up and running in no time.

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. ltamake

ltamake Member

3. muzicman0

muzicman0 Well-Known Member

not sure on the Magic, but a few gotcha's for me...

1 make sure the SD card is fat32...formatted from windows or Linux, not Mac...Mac doesn't work. at least it didn't for me.

Do not leave the USB cable plugged in when booting to fast boot. at least on the G1.

Let me know if that helps.

mm0

4. muzicman0

muzicman0 Well-Known Member

ok, did some research, and it looks to be different...you have probably already seen this page, but just in case, have you done this:

Magic Rooting - Android Wiki

looks pretty straight forward...but I don't have a magic, so can't tell for sure!

mm0

5. adamzeit

adamzeit New Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks Muzicman! I actually finally got it to go yesterday. Had an issue with a file or two in the wrong spot. All rooted now. Thanks again for the advice.