Advertisement
  2. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

Welcome to Android Forums! :)

3. EmoTonyB

EmoTonyB Well-Known Member

4. dntesinfrno

dntesinfrno Well-Known Member

Don't forget to rub you head, pat your stomach, and repeat rubber baby buggy bumpers 5 times :p.

5. K-Rizzle

K-Rizzle Well-Known Member

^ lol!

6. dbspartan52

dbspartan52 Member

Im curious did you ever get your moment rooted and do you have the wireless tether working also. That first rom i dont think have the netfilters set up for the wireless tether, did you get it too work.

7. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

I'm using the video help - and I'm running the Samsung SW Upgrade in Administrator Mode.

I'm at the part where it says to connect the PC and phone via USB - the vid said to try that repeatedly.

OK - it's been two hours of trying repeatedly.

I'm attempting this with a Vista / Inspiron 1420 pc.

Any suggestions would be most appreciated - I can probably track down anything from XP to Win7, and am open to any advice on this.

Many thanks in advance for any advice whatsoever!!

PS - Of course this means that the phone is in the Download screen where it warns to not turn off target - I would presume I'll get a brick if I try to restart the phone or do a battery pull from here.

Is that true?

PPS - I also have some confidence in the USB port and cable because I was able to backup the SD card contents using same.

~~~~~~~

Found the rar file for a Win USB driver installer in the FAQ, trying that. No soap.

Now trying Samsung PC Studio. Nope.

Well - good news it didn't malfunction after a battery pull - but still no Radioactive Moment.

Any suggestions WAY appreciated, in advance!

8. rrsweet

rrsweet Member

Ealry,

Sorry I'm a little confused. Are you Rooting, or just trying to add the Radioactive ROM?

EarlyMon likes this.
  9. EmoTonyB

EmoTonyB Well-Known Member

have to the first to do the second :cool:

EarlyMon likes this.
  10. rrsweet

rrsweet Member

I get that, but Each one is a different process.

EarlyMon likes this.
  11. mikelcan

mikelcan Member

I had issues on my personal computer where I was never able to get the connection to happen. As soon as I tried it on my wifes computer it connected immediately. Both systems are Vista so I assume I have something installed that is conflicting with the driver. So if you have access to a second computer you might want to give that a try.

And yes as long as the download has not started you can uplug the usb and remove the battery without any harm. But you must let the download / update process complete once it actually connects and the transfer starts.

Mike

PS

I could connect to the moment and transfer stuff to the sd card but it would not connect in the download mode.

EarlyMon likes this.
  12. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

First - thanks for pitching in gang, most appreciated.

I'm rooting for the first time with a Moment with the intention of ending up with Radioactive.

The instruction I chose for this process was the post in this thread:

http://androidforums.com/all-things-root-moment/128094-so-once-ive-watched-root-tutorial-videos.html#post1210275

I previewed, downloaded, and am at 6:37 into the first video referenced by the first link.

Per my device listing at left, I think I'm maybe kinda clear on the rooting process in general, but without a straight Linux or adb type method to work with on the Moment I need all of the help that I can get.

It's been a few years since I've used Windows daily, so have no fear of talking to me as a Windows noob. Last revision I really was comfortable in was XP.

And I'm 100% noob on rooting the Moment.

The laptop I'm using for this borrowed, but I'm trusted for any installations on it.

If it's a hardware issue, I can procure another machine and go forward to Win7 or back to XP, not a problem.

Again, many thanks, and kindly feed back if I've answered clearly or not.

PS - Sounds like Mike is saying that I'd better get another laptop and this is pathological or idiosyncratic to specific configurations.

13. rrsweet

rrsweet Member

Early PM sent

EarlyMon likes this.