• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apps Help me setup Android SDK & AndEngine

wolex

Lurker
Aug 2, 2011
Hello guys :)

Well, i recently got myself an "Ouya" gaming console, and thought about going into game developing, so i watched a 48 minutes long video about how to setup the whole AndroidSDK and AndEngine with your tablet etc, and it all worked out fine, untill solving the last few 100 errors.

So i was wondering, if someone could be kind, either to help me out via Teamviewer, or give me a guide that explains the installation perfectly :)

Ofcourse, money will be included in your work, we are speaking about 15-20$

Kind regards

I'm sure you'll be able to find someone to take your money, but then what about when your setup breaks next time? If I were you, I'd try again, read carefully making sure you have all the dependencies installed correctly, and if you still have issues Google those specific error messages.

Best of luck.

Upvote 0
For ANdroid:
1) Download & install the latest Java JDK
2) Download & install the Eclipse/ADT (Android Developer Tools) package.
3) Confirm that this is installed and working correctly by creating a 'hello World' android App.

This is the easy part!

Now install the OuYa development kit, If it appears to install correctly, create the OuYa's 'Hello World' app. After that you're good to go with your App development.

The main thing to remember is to take it slowly. Ideally write out a list of steps beforehand, and amend it if/when the actual procedure requires it.

Upvote 0
There is a lot of good stuff here:
Application Development - Android Forums

Android SDK + Eclipse bundle (one download now)
Android SDK | Android Developers

Building your first app (maybe good idea to do this before you start with ouya)
Building Your First App | Android Developers

Also what OS are you using for dev?

You may eventually want to set PATH variables to make using ADB (Android Debug Bridge) easier. ADB is like a tool that connects your commuter to your phone or emulator or other device.

Reactions: Unforgiven
Upvote 0
There is a lot of good stuff here:
Application Development - Android Forums

Android SDK + Eclipse bundle (one download now)
Android SDK | Android Developers

Building your first app (maybe good idea to do this before you start with ouya)
Building Your First App | Android Developers

Also what OS are you using for dev?

You may eventually want to set PATH variables to make using ADB (Android Debug Bridge) easier. ADB is like a tool that connects your commuter to your phone or emulator or other device.

Better yet, I'll move this to that forum where the devs can get you up to speed.:)

Reactions: alostpacket
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones