• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help me stop the sounds please!!

HyperM3

Android Enthusiast
Nov 6, 2009
This is driving me nuts! Ive had my phone for a week and all of a sudden today it makes the worst clicking sounds when I type anything. It literally sounds like a typewriter.

I have Settings>Sound & Display>Audible selection "unchecked" and I still get this.

Can anyone help me figure out how to turn this off?

EDIT: Ok I found it and boy did I have to do some digging. settings>applications>running services>android keyboard>Sound on Keypress = Uncheck.

maybe cycling that setting on and off will clear it?

Ive done everything under the sun. The only app I downloaded last night was Pandahome but after playing with it for like 20 seconds, I uninstalled it.

Other than that app, I had a error crash at like 2am which I lost all internet connection. No SMS, email or web so I put it on the charger and went to bed.

I wonder if something in the .root went bad?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones