• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help me to root my HTC Hero today please....

I would like to get into the scene of rooting my phone now and exploring what it can do. Maybe there's not much it can do that I am expecting, but I won't know what its all about until I do it and get familiar with it.

So I was wondering if anyone could help me out and tell me the best/maybe easiest method to root my phone? It is the HTC Hero with software build of 2.31.651.7 and Firmware version 2.1 -update1

If I am able to root it, which rom would you all suggest I try out as a noob? I don't really want the Sprint TV or Amazon MP3 bloatware. I would like to be able to keep stuff like my gmail, Androidd market, Sprint GPS iff it matters. I would also like to be able to do some customizing in a similar way like with Launcher Pro Plus.

Am I able to root, and if so, can someone help me to be able to root my phone today?

Thank you for your help and time,
Whiteice

I would like to get into the scene of rooting my phone now and exploring what it can do. Maybe there's not much it can do that I am expecting, but I won't know what its all about until I do it and get familiar with it.

So I was wondering if anyone could help me out and tell me the best/maybe easiest method to root my phone? It is the HTC Hero with software build of 2.31.651.7 and Firmware version 2.1 -update1

If I am able to root it, which rom would you all suggest I try out as a noob? I don't really want the Sprint TV or Amazon MP3 bloatware. I would like to be able to keep stuff like my gmail, Androidd market, Sprint GPS iff it matters. I would also like to be able to do some customizing in a similar way like with Launcher Pro Plus.

Am I able to root, and if so, can someone help me to be able to root my phone today?

Thank you for your help and time,
Whiteice

Start here:

http://androidforums.com/sprint-her...oob-w-cdma-hero-rooting-help.html#post1854122

Upvote 0
If it is rooted, how do you know for sure? Is there a way to tell?

You will get the super user app installed and if you try to download apps for rooted phones from the market, sometimes it won't let you do it and it will tell you why, if it lets you download the apps, when you try to open them, they won't work and again, you'll get a message telling you why. Also z4root main screen will have 2 new options, Reroot and Unroot.

Upvote 0
any one know the solution?
smile.gif

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones