HELP ME unlock Samsung Captivate PLEASE!!Support

Last Updated:

1. Skitsofrenic

Skitsofrenic Member This Topic's Starter

Hey guys. Before I begin, I want to let you know that I've already checked out all the other thread for unlocking Samsung Captivate. I did what was told in those threads but I was unable to successfully unlock my Captivate. I even looked at numerous tutorial videos on youtube, but they didn't pull through either.

I downloaded the "Generate Unlock Windows.zip" from xda-developers, and used winrar to extract it. After extracting it, I opened the "Generate_Code" and the big black box popped up. From there, I'm suppose to get the unlocking code but it says "error: device not found" and "Error: unable to find file <.Wnv_data.bin>"

Please help me unlock my Samsung Captivate to use on T-Mobile! Thanks in advance!!

Advertisement
  2. sremick

sremick Well-Known Member

Need more info.

By saying you've tried the info in every other thread, you're basically ensuring no one will help you since you're expecting there's a secret new way that hasn't been posted before. Anything that we know is already in a thread somewhere.

I can't help with 2.2 but for 2.1:
    Unlock - CapFAQ

Skitsofrenic likes this.
  3. Skitsofrenic

Sorry. I may have exaggerated a little by saying "I've checked out all the other threads".

I'm so sorry but I'm very new to Android(Only used iPhones in the past) and I have no clue how to find the froyo.. If by froyo, you mean Firmware version, then mine is 2.1-update1(This is what it says).

4. Infinite-t

Infinite-t Well-Known Member

2.2 is froyo, if you are running 2.1 the you should be able to follow the directions he linked... hopefully

Skitsofrenic likes this.
  5. Skitsofrenic

Haha "Hopefully" is a perfect word for me.. I'm very dumb when it comes to technologies and even when there are answers laid out in front of me, sometimes I don't get it right.. Hopefully I get better with tech as I use them more and more!

Thanks you two for the help. I got my Captivate unlocked successfully and is ready to roll on T-Mobile! Thanks again!

6. Rhiannon224

Rhiannon224 Well-Known Member

Download SGS Unlock from the market if you are on 2.1. It's free and it will give you your code, then save it to a safe place.

7. sremick

Which is one of the options already mentioned in the link provided (but doesn't work on JH7).

8. Rhiannon224

Rhiannon224 Well-Known Member

2.1 update 1 was JF6 on mine and I don't see where the poster even mentions JH7. Thanks for being so friendly. I looked at your link and this poster is a noob, may not have barcode scanner to download the image or even know what the barcode is. be nice and show some patience, don't be a bully.

9. sremick

"2.1-update1" can be JF6 or JH7. JH7 didn't change this field. Since the poster didn't clarify which they had, I was simply mentioning that your suggestion wouldn't work for JH7.

I wasn't assuming they had JH7. You were assuming they had JF6. The page I linked has options that work in each.

Which is why that site has:

- a link to the app so they can install it other ways besides the QR code, including seeing the exact name to search for in the Android Marketplace
    - A page describing QR codes

10. jenula

jenula Member

You can unlock your samsung captivate mobile from network lock using unlock code...Once you unlocked it you can use any gsm network sim card in your mobile at any country...I found an unlocking service at here www.mobile-unlocker.com and unlocked my mobile successfully.This is the online service which offer the code at reasonable cost...Through this can unlock your mobile easily...