Help me use my HTC Droid Eris!!!General

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Last Updated:

1. TheAndu

TheAndu New Member This Topic's Starter

Hey guys

I have a BIG problem. I just bought a Htc Droid Eris from a guy on the street for 50 dolars. It sounded to good to be true and now I think it is... I think he found it or smth cause it had in it all the contacts msg and everything in it when I bought it but I thought hey why not? it looks nice it has android 2.1 and it's cheap so I took it. After playing with it for a while I decided to reset it so I can customize it myself and after this it tells me to call verizon blah blah blah I'm not from US and back home we don't have the cdma network, only gsm so I want to use it as a mp3 player for web and these kinds of things. My question to you is how can I bypass this and use the phone without a contract from verizon? i think the guy that lost it declared it lost or stolen and I cannot buy a contract for it. can i use it without a contract? if yes, pls tell me what i need to do.

Thanks in advance
    Alex

Advertisement
  2. islandiver

islandiver Well-Known Member

I doubt you're going to get much help here due to the fact it's probably a stolen phone. Pretty sure you're outta luck on bricking the phone to be just an mp3 player or web access.

3. OfTheDamned

OfTheDamned The Friendly Undead VIP Member

If the phone is lost or stolen then you can never get it activated.

The right thing to do, would be to take it into a Verizon store and see if they can help you. I'm not saying that they will or won't, but it is the right thing to do.

You also shouldn't be buying phone without contacting the carrier to make sure the phone has a clean ESN.

No offense intended toward the OP (I am not accusing anyone of anything when I say this), but since this phone is obviously lost or stolen property it would not be proper for us to advise on how to use it. I do feel for you on the $50 lost when buying the phone. With that in mind, I'm closing this thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.