help me with rooting...

Last Updated: 2012-11-25 14:57:27
  1. i bought a motorola milestone XT270...from singapore starhub
    and i dont know how to root it...

can someone give me a detailed explanation on how to root it...and maybe links to download the required things...

thank you....

Advertisement
  2. John Bean

John Bean Happy Wanderer Guide

Get "Universal Androot" from the market, one click and 15 seconds later you're rooted.

If you don't like "quick and easy" I guess others will point you to other more geekish (and much more complicated) methods ;-)
    pmassey31545 and andyimmortal619 like this.
  3. will the universal androot work that easily???
  4. TelusMilestone

TelusMilestone Well-Known Member

lol ;)
  5. John Bean

Yes, no exaggeration :)

More importantly, it can also do the one-click trick in reverse, un-rooting should you need to. It can also "soft root" the phone, allowing root access which disappears after a reboot. Good if you just want to modify something that needs root access (for ad blocking, say) but don't want to leave the phone rooted in everyday use.

Try it; it's free, easy, and extraordinarily useful.
  6. what about themes...
    could you me how to use themes...

kinda noobish on android phones...been using only symbian OS...
  7. John Bean

No I can't, but someone else probably can.

I'd start a new thread if I were you, your themes question may go unnoticed in this one.
  8. pmassey31545

pmassey31545 Member

Dude, you are a lifesaver, and trouble saver. Thanks forthe link. Works great!!:cool:
  9. GokouZWAR

GokouZWAR New Member

I was able to root using super root one click. I saw on the universal androot site that the author is no longer supporting it since they patched up his loophole for those looking for a resolution.

Also to those viewing this, the universal androot is a PC application...NOT an andriod market application you put on your phone.
  10. Mopr

Mopr Member

That's... not true. I have it sitting in my app drawer as I write. It might not be a market app, but it's certainly not a PC one.

I've attached the .apk file to this post. You transfer it to your sdcard however you like, make sure the non-market app sources checkbox is ticked in your settings and run it.

Attached Files:

11. John Bean

Indeed. And at the time of my original answer it was still available on the market, which is where my copy came from.

I never cease to be amazed at the amount of misinformation that gets posted in forums like this despite evidence to the contrary.
  12. wilhelm21

wilhelm21 New Member

i am having problems rooting my motorolla milestone(a854) from alltel someone please help