• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Help me with the basics plz

Antwnis

Feb 25, 2010
OK here's an easy question for you but it will help me a lot. I recently found out that my magic has htc hero rom. What is finally the firmware? The version of this rom? I am curious because from the official site HTC Magic - ROM Upgrade with HTC Sense for HTC Magic they say they have an upgrade (which i already have). So I was wondering what is the difference between firmware and this upgrade. If i upgrade to 1.6, will i have still hero rom and this 3.05.401.3 upgrade? And why should i upgrade anyway to 1.6 or 2.0? God i am such a noob i know. I ve searched the forum but it seems that noone is so noob and it seems they know these basics. So plz help me and I will help the others..
Thank you in advance guyz..

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones