• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Help meee

Smexy

Dec 23, 2010
Alright, so I rooted my phone and followed these steps.
The way I went about rooting is
1. Downloaded/ran Z4
2. Downloaded/ran bootstrapper (Was I supposed to hit Bootstrap Recovery? Because I hit both the options and created a backup.)
3. Downloaded ROM manager
Then I used ROM manager and selected the Gingerbread rom theme thing then when it made another backup I was stuck at the M logo so I pulled the battery and it went into clockwork and recovered my device, anyone know why the custom rom didn't work?

^ Yea I'm downloading Apex right now. Do I just use rom manager to install it? Btw if I recovered once already and have a working backup do I need to do anything to create another or is it there forever?
rom manager has been buggy lately ,heres what you do ,
open bootsrap
bootstrap recovery (success) yes
reboot recovery
wipe data cache if needed
install zip
choose zip
select your rom
install
reboot

Upvote 0
and you can never have too many backups always remember that ....my two main backups are always right after root but before flashing a rom (use this for ota and a clean rom flashing base)and one right after i install a rom that way every time i flash a theme i go to my clean rom backup and install a theme rather then flashing theme over theme as it can get buggy and if something goes wrong you have your rom backup to fall back on and wont have to reflash just restore

Upvote 0
Thanks guys I got the apex thing, but I didn't backup my stuff haha xD Now since I have apex can I just use the boot recover and select one of my recoveries with the original theme on it to go back and make titan backups???

EDIT: I did backup the ROM so basically can I switch between the roms through the recovery window?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones