HELP! Memory Full, how do I use SD Card?General

Last Updated:

1. SirBuckley

SirBuckley Member This Topic's Starter

Getting memory low warning on my Eris. Available space on internal storage is only 28MB. Available space on SD card is 7,506 MB out of total space of 7,572 MB.

So, I guess the only thing on the SD card is the pics I took.

What can I move to the SD card, and how do I go about doing that? I would think just moving all the Market Apps to the SD side would solve my problems. Any help out there?

Advertisement
  2. jreed2560

jreed2560 Well-Known Member

As of this point you cannot run apps from your SD card. With root it could be possible, but I'm not sure if they have that available for the eris. You need to seriously look at the apps you have and start doing some early spring cleaning in my opinion.

3. stereoblind

stereoblind Member

download an app called appcontrol, it will show you all the apps you have installed (not the ones that come with the phone) and it will divide them into categories by size, name, whatever. look at the size of the apps you have installed and uninstall them based on your judgement on if you need them or not. There's not really much else you can do, I don't think.

4. SirBuckley

SirBuckley Member This Topic's Starter

So what is all that space on the SD card for? Just for pics and video taken with the phone? Just curious what people use the SD card for if everything is stored on the phones internal memory.

5. stereoblind

stereoblind Member

pictures, music, video, some app settings.. If you get a file manager, you can go into your SD card and see what's all in there :p

6. jreed2560

Music,movies,backups,etc..

7. jreed2560

Also a lot of apps store data there