• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help HELP! MicroSD FAILURE

Tinsterr

Lurker
Feb 14, 2011
I can't find a topic on this problem anywhere so here goes.

EDIT:

Android Version: 2.2
Network: GPRS ?
Taskiller Used?: No idea
Issue:

A couple of days ago, my phone started asking me to insert an SD card but I already had an SD card inserted. It's been there for six months, when I first got the phone. I checked with my computer and the card wasn't corrupted. I tried a different card and it didn't work either.

I did hard reset the phone twice, to no avail. I guess I'll send it back but if anyone know how I might fix it or why this happened in the first place, please help.

Thanks

Had this happen to me strangely after i tried sending an email with a few photos attached. Caused the whole phone to lock up and i had to pull the battery. The when rebooted i got the message you get.
The card was completely screwed though, not even my pc could recognise it or format it. Contacted HTC and they sent me a replacement, as accessories such as sd card, are covered under the 1 year warranty.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones