• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help help mobile data wont turn on

Recently had my screen fixed on my samsung galaxy mega 6.3 and today the mobile data has just stopped working i can still make and reveive calls and texts though. tried turning it on an off doesnt work, reset my phone and still nothing, checked that I have an apn set up and reset it to default with no luck either tried everything but still its not turning on dont really want to factory reset but if it comes to I might have to any help would be very much appreciated

Who is ur carrier? The data has todo with ur network. Ur network hadls todo with the APN, ( ACCESS POINT NAMES) To see if u got the data or not. Go to ur settings click on more, go down click on about device. Click on status. Now what u wanna look at is ur ( NETWORK), that should have carrier name below it. And u wanna look at the ( MOBLIE NETWORK STATE) That should be connected. If its not connected, then u would have to redo ur apn.

Upvote 0
Go into ur settings, click on more network. Once on it, click on, mobile networks. Once on click on access point names. Once on, check and see if u got any apn on it. If not turn off ur mobile data, click on network operators. First click on search now. Where u can pick ur own network if available. If not, click on select automatically. Where the system pick for u. Once done with that, go back into ur apn, to see if u gotten and apn. If so, try from there. If dont have the apn. Stay on the apn settings, on ur phone, press that left led button. On left side of thee home button. Then click on new apn. From there u would have to add apn urself! Herebis an example of what it should look like!

Name/ straight talk

apn/ tf data

proxy, port, username, and server/ not set

mmsc/ http://mms-tf.net

multimedia message proxy/ http:mms3.tracfone.com

multimedia message port/ 80

mcc/ 310

mnc/ 410

authentication type, and apn type/ not set

apn protocol, and apn roaming protocol/ ipv4

bearer/ unspecified

Upvote 0
Depending on ur carrier, and b ur network, u could also go online to see what is thee original APN for ur phone. Oh, go into ur settings, under connections, go into data useage, and check, and see the data usage is chexk. Then go into more networks mobile networks to see if ur mobile data is check. Make sure them both are on, after setting up the APN. After done, with all process, reboot ur phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones