Help! Moving contacts to my carSupport

Last Updated:

1. jcbama85

jcbama85 Member This Topic's Starter

I need help. I am trying to move the contacts from my Samsung Moment, and according to the mfg., because of the Android OS, here is what is said: "on the android phone, go to the address book, under option or export - export them to the phone SD card (or import to phone) and then the car can pull them with no drama - the car wants stuff off the internal phone card, not the android address book...I just did this today"

So, I'm a complete techno noob, can someone tell me how to do this on my Samsung Moment?

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. DaWeav

DaWeav Well-Known Member

You'll need to find out what Bluetooth protocol your car uses for the 'file transfer' since Android 1.5 only has a 'VERY LIMITED' Bluetooth capability.

I have the Sprint Hero and cannot do this either since the Hero is on Android 1.5 as well which doesn't have all the Bluetooth stuff in it. So, this is one BIG REASON I'm impatiently waiting for Sprint to release the Android 2.1 update since Google has added a lot more native Bluetooth support since Android 1.6 and above like OBEX and OPP protocols for file transfer and stuff.

jcbama85 likes this.
  3. Sorian

Sorian Well-Known Member

Actually, it sounds like you are exporting it to the MicroSD and then plugging the MicroSD (somehow) into the car for it to import.

Could be wrong tho. What car (Make, Model, Year)? Is it a factory radio or aftermarket?

4. jcbama85

jcbama85 Member This Topic's Starter

It's a 2010 Infiniti G37, with the upgraded Bose factory system. I am not aware of a way to use the MicroSD directly to the car, but I have a Bluetooth file transfer app that I believe will move the file should I be able to get my contacts to the Micro SD card, I just don't know how to do that.

Suggestions?

5. IOWA

IOWA Mr. Logic Pants Moderator

Easy.

Go to contacts.

Press menu

Press import/export

Select export to sd card.

6. Sorian

Sorian Well-Known Member

OK, just pulled the manual off of Infiniti's website for that model.

Here is a step by step based on manual info, I don't have an Infiniti to test if this works.

On Samsung:

Turn on bluetooth:

1. Press Menu > Settings > Wireless controls
    2. Tap the Bluetooth field to activate the feature (checkmark indicates active). When active, appears within the Status area.

Make phone Discoverable:

Under the same location to turn on bluetooth, select bluetooth setting and put a check on Discoverable. This will allow your car (and anything within 30 ft that has bluetooth) to see your phone to ask to add it. It is set to automatically disable discoverable after 2 minutes.

In your car:

Note: Do this when car is parked! I am not responsible for injury and/or death if you try this while driving. Plus, some of the setting are disabled while car is in motion.

PAIRING PROCEDURE: (The steps I found have you saying the commands. Commands can be selected manually. While the commands are displayed on the screen, select a
    command by operating the Tune switch, and then push the Call/Voice button. Once a command is manually selected, the voice command function is cancelled.)
    Up to 5 cellular phones can be registered.
    1. Push the call/voice button on the steering wheel. The system announces the available commands.
    2. Speak:

7. loupi3

loupi3 New Member

I'm having the same issue with a 2013 g37 and a ZTE Radiant 740. The instructions in #3 for manual entry are correct IF the car has nav. Mine doesn't and won't allow for manual entry. Very frustrating!
    There is also a function for 'share via Bluetooth with my car' but although the phone shows a successful file transfer it doesn't show up in the car. Any help is appreciated.