1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

HELP! moving paradise island to a new device

1. Sarahje

Sarahje New Member

Hi,
    I am hoping someone can help me as I have never done a root before and wanting to know the risks.. if any?
    I have to give my HTC desire back to Telstra and they are giving me a new one (maybe a different model Nexus) . As silly as it seems I want to be able to transfer my Paradise Island and Smurf Village over to the new phone. Now I've read the only way to do this is to root your phone. Which I have never done! So i was thinking can i root it then save the games then unroot it and give it back then put it on my new phone? will there be any risk? As in warrenty void if i root it? if I can do this with out any worries, can i have a step by step guide>??

Hopfully some kind person can help me out here. PLEASE!
    Thanks
    Sarah

Advertisement
    :
  2. Jon_LTD

Jon_LTD Well-Known Member

Hi Sarah,

Can I recommend you read the faqs and guides provided and compiled by the experts who frequent the forum first? They are located in the "stickies" at the top of the "all things root" sub forum and address mist of your queries.
    There are risks but that is why we recommend reading the provided guides as we don't want people to walk into it blind. After gaining a good understanding of what you're doing, it's pretty straight forward.
    Warranty will be void, however you can "unroot" should you need to send it back.

Good luck!
  3. Tyseyh

Tyseyh Well-Known Member

You realise you would have to root the new phone to restore the data back too?
  4. Jon_LTD

Jon_LTD Well-Known Member

Yeah. And that. :p
  5. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

If its android 2.2, just Google. Download and install visionary+. It applies temp root, lost at reboot. Voids no warranty.

Whilst in temp rooted state, titanium backup everything.

If its 2.3, this won't work though