HELP! mp4's turned into png's when moved from phone to computer!Support

1. mzcmn

mzcmn New Member

I moved all the video mp4 files from my samsung galaxy S II onto my Dell Laptop computer (Ubuntu OS), and when I went to open them, all I have are .png's of the video thumbnails... and the files were moved so they are no longer on the phone! What happened to my video and audio of these .mp4 files? Why did they save as png's? Is the data recoverable? Is it hiding somewhere either on my phone or on my computer? Can png's be converted back to .mp4's? Help! I had 6 months of videos that I moved that now seem to be lost! Geez, I've learned my lesson I guess... I should have "copied" instead of "moved" but I wanted to clear out my phone at the same time.. one fell swoop... I never suspected that the file formats would be changed in the move!

Advertisement
  2. Oldschoolwax

Oldschoolwax Well-Known Member

I wonder if what you moved was the icons of the videos... how long did the transfer take? if it took a good while, maybe you have the data. If so just try renaming the file ".mp4" and see if it works. Sorry to hear this man, hopefully you can somehow rescue the files.