• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help HELP. My computer doesn't recognize EPIC. How To mount? Drivers? Don't FREAK OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To mount the Epic 4G as a drive and enable Mass Storage mode, ensure USB debugging is disabled as follows:

Disable USB debugging mode:

1. From the home screen, press the Menu key and tap Settings
2. Tap Applications.
3. Tap Development.
4. Ensure USB debugging is not checked.
5. Press the Home key.
6. Connect the USB cable.
7. Tap Mass Storage and the Epic 4G will display as an available drive.

Pull down the Notification Menu and tap the "USB Connected - Select to copy files to/from your computer." Tap "Connect storage to PC."

When you are ready to disconnect from your computer, tap the "Disconnect storage from PC" button. If you don't see it, pull down the Notification Menu and select "Turn off USB storage."

Upvote 0
Hi, hope someone is still monitoring this thread. First, thanks so much for the advice to put the phone into pda mode. That worked for me to get into my sdcard through the phone. Attempting to root, however, I'm having issues. When I power off and go into download mode and then hook up the cable Odin does not open a COM connection and my PC tells me the device is not recognized. Attempting to update driver in device management does not help. Oddly, if the phone is on in "regular" mode, the PC recognizes the device and Odin opens a port. Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones